Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just saw a brother in the road...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 12:46 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 12-16-2009, 01:04 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one knows how long we have on this earth so we need to live each one like it's his last. Somewhere a family is grieving at its loss and another family is probably dealing with guilt and trauma. Everyone stay safe out there!

Old 12-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Our thought's and prayers go out to this brother and his loved ones. This is not a good thing to witness, It stays with you a long time. Just think of what some of our brave men and women fighting for our freedom are bringing home with them!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Snuffy1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sgnden
Sorry to be so grim this time of year but I fugured I could get this out of my head with those of you who "get it". I keep seeing his face. Send out a prayer/good thought for this man and his family.

We've all heard the stories and have had our fair share of close calls or crashes in some cases. But to look on this man was powerful.

Driving into work today I came upon the scene where a guy had been nailed in an intersection...his body was in the road...the bike 20 feet away. I am not going to comment on cause, helmet, etc. as I was not there. Six LEO's walked a sheet over to cover him.

I don't know the circumstances...but just wanted to send out the note to pause and send good thoughts and/ or prayers to this brother stranger no longer with us. Not sure why, but this scene haunts me and I feel for his family.

This is in Boulder, CO...last week it was like 5 degrees, this week 50 degrees. Sand and shadow ice here and there. Lot's of people from all over the country move here (crazy varied driving styles) and of course in Boulder many students. Not that it's worse than anywhere else...but it is nuts in the subdued light time of year and at 7:30A plenty of people rushing.

It was another reminder for me...on many levels.

-SG
About three years ago I was going to a benifit ride, riding with several bikes that I did not know, all heading to the same place. A bike was ahead about 100 yards when a cage pulled out in front of him and he t-boned the car. He was dead before he hit the ground. So what I'm saying is I know what you feel and may God be with you. Also prayers for the rider and his family.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:59 PM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tough at any time of year! prayers to family and those that tried to help. Amen brother

Old 12-16-2009, 04:54 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
Did you notice in the Denver Post article where people can comment how one guy had the ***** to say something like "Darwin award"....unreal. And even more sickening how people wanted to chime-in and start the age-f^*#ing-old debate over helmets...not the place.

Up here in Boulder where everybody likes to "act" like they are cosmic and mellow (as they drive around in their $90,000 cages)...it's annoying. But like most of the great places in Colorado, it's been infested by CA transplants who sold their POS shack in flippin SoCal, move here and drive the prices into the startosphere...then don their Golden Retriever, Mountain Bike and GoreTex underwear and start judging and bringing their ego-centric nonsense here...ooops...started ranting....sorry.

Out...

SG

Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 PM
realmccoy
Tourer
Unhappy prayers

prayers and heart felt thought for him and his family.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Is this the accident you were talking about?

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_14006902

My prayers go out to this brothr in arms and his family!

Old 12-16-2009, 05:50 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our prayers out to his family....God Bless......god Speed

Old 12-16-2009, 05:54 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Prayers out to you and the family of the loved one.

I too witnessed a brother down in Sturgis a few years back. Unfortunately before anybody got there to cover him, and from 10 feet away. Definitely something I would never wish on anyone. This brother was not at fault at all. A trike pulled a u-turn in front of a young girl driving a truck and when she tried to avoid the trike, hit the bike instead.

There are lots of things to remember to look for while we're out there, sometimes no matter what, it's hard to do. Driving age in South Dakota is 14.

Quick Reply: Just saw a brother in the road...