Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

holy crap... abs braided lines on road glides

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:41 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Found this pretty interesting so i did some googling. here is what i have learned. This is talking about ABS on cars but in my opinion it would apply to most any abs system as they are all basically set up the same.

As a rule, the brake circuits on most vehicles with anti-lock brakes can be bled in the usual manner, provided no air has gotten into the ABS modulator assembly. If the only components you replaced were downstream of the modulator (calipers, wheel cylinders, brake hoses or lines), chances are normal bleeding procedures will clear the lines of any unwanted air.
But what if you replaced the master cylinder, a brake line or valve ahead of the ABS modulator? Or, what if you had to replace the modulator or high pressure accumulator? Now you have a more difficult job ahead of you.

Air can be very difficult to remove from an ABS modulator assembly because of all the nooks and crannies inside the unit. The modulator may have eight to 10, or more, ABS/traction control solenoid valves, plus various check valves and dead-end ports. Some ABS modulators have special bleed screws to help you vent the trapped air when bleeding the system. Others do not and require the use of a scan tool to cycle the ABS solenoids while you bleed the system.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:31 AM
suey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great info you guys.. i appreciate it