Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ground affect lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Jebster
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
I got a kit from Joe-Florida. Quality stuff at a very reasonable price. He is on eBay and also has a web site www.ledaccentlights.net ithink Check out FunkyNova66 (HDF) for more info on Joe
Mike, we should get those lights on our bikes soon before we forget we have them..

Old 12-16-2009, 08:11 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got the 180 led kit from Florida Joe. Install tomorrow. Did the Rineharts today. I have the blue lights and they are very bright. I like the fact that they are flat and flexible. That will make for an easy install. Very sweet kit.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:15 PM
CLASSICRYDER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the kuryakyn lizard light kit on mines with the remote, i love the 7 color change and pods, very easy install...

Old 12-16-2009, 08:24 PM
AR-15 DEUCE
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just say NNNOOOO.lights..WTF

Old 12-16-2009, 09:25 PM
palatium
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Boogie lites!!!!

Awesome kit for a low price!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 11:11 PM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyMike
I got a kit from Joe-Florida. Quality stuff at a very reasonable price.
I've purchased 2 sets of lights from Joe-Florida. He was real quick to answer a question I had on intallation after buying the first set. In fact, his customer service was why I went back for a 2nd set on my last bike. I'll be putting a new set of his lights on the '10 Limited when it gets here in February.

A couple things to consider as you think about lights. First, try to mount the lights temporary (using transparant tape) so that you can get a feel for them before you mount them permanent. I put the first set on to find that I'd mounted them too far inside the tank. I didn't want anyone to see them, so I poked them back up by the frame. Ends up that I cut off some of the light, so I was more careful the next time.

Second, if you wants lots of lights then go with the bigger package. Adding lights later can actually be more expensive. On the first set I got a small package (24 lights) and it just didn't cover as much as I thought it would. That left a few bare spots on the coverage. For my next kit I got a 80+ kit and that provided a lot better coverage. The extra $20 for the light upgrade would have been worth it, so don't skimp too much just because of cost. The overall quality look of the ride will be affected if you don't buy enough lights.

I recently helped a friend install a 124 light, mulit-color kit with remote. I had remote on my 2nd set and it was worth the extra money, especially if you put your bike in any kind of parking lot shows. I don't do a lot of that, but it fun when I do to have the lights that change colors. The remote allows you to stand away from the bike and enjoy the show as well.

One last thing, unless you know what you're doing, don't try to save money by buying individual light kits and cobbling it together. One thing I like about Joe's stuff is that it's easy to install. You'll spend a couple hours installing a medium sized (60+ lights) kit, and taking your time to install a well designed kit can make a big difference. I've seen too many poorly done light jobs to believe that the savings of a few $$ is worth the hassle of wiring it all yourself.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:49 AM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerick
looking to buy ground affect lights for 2009 e/g classic....
To each his own I have to concede, but this is another one that befuddles me... Personally I'd be embarassed to pull up aside most of my friends with purple lights stuck everywhere.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:08 AM
hot95hog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a cheap extension light from ACE Hardware. Helps me see under the scoot when I am changing oil and stuff.

OH wait a minute do you mean those stupid glow neon lights I see idiots put all over their rice burner cars. Never mind then I would never have em look way too queer for me.