Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide or Eglide?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:30 PM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 233 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Street Glide or Eglide?

I'm going to looking at an Eglide and Street Glide tomorrow AM . I know they ar basicly the same but can the back tour pack be taken off easily. I really like the SG lines and mirrrors but will wind up puttin a tour pack on it only 3 times a year for long trips. What do you think?

Old 12-15-2009, 02:35 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I say get the SG and find a used tour pack on this site or ebay and have the cleaner lines... however I may be a little biased

Old 12-15-2009, 02:39 PM
ican
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your passenger will like the flhtc seat better.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:40 PM
jimsreddyna
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Claassic

I went with the Classic and a quick disconnect for the tour pack. I also went with a 2 piece seat for the solo look. The cost of the bikes is about the same and it is easier and cheaper to take extra chrome off than to add a tour pack and all of the other bits an pieces you will need when touring.

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide or Eglide?-2-up-for-hdf.jpg   Street Glide or Eglide?-1-up-for-hdf.jpg  
Old 12-15-2009, 02:47 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think what you will get out of this post is everone with a SG will say go with the SG and everyone with the EG is going to say get the EG.... so it really is going to be up to what you want out of the bike and how much touring you will do. Good luck and I hope you are happy with the end results! Cheers!

Old 12-15-2009, 02:53 PM
lawnmower man
Cruiser

The main differences you need to decide on is do you want the lollipop passing lamps, full size floorboards, passenger floorboards and a higher seat height - that's the main differences between the two as far as comfort wise. One can be changed to look like the other just weigh the difference as far as how much it will cost you to get the ammenities you would like to have. I myself do not like the mirrors on the streetglide.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ICIBUY
I think what you will get out of this post is everone with a SG will say go with the SG and everyone with the EG is going to say get the EG.... so it really is going to be up to what you want out of the bike and how much touring you will do. Good luck and I hope you are happy with the end results! Cheers!
A good point! Go SG ;-)

Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

I say go Ultra, with removalble tour pac, seat comfort for the passenger, cruise and the list goes on........always cheaper to take stuff off than add it later.

You don't buy a convertable car because you like the lines and then purchase the roof later.....do you?

Old 12-15-2009, 03:25 PM
HamsGlide
Cruiser

long tours 3 times a year would justify myself in getting the Eglide. The Sglide does have a more streamlined look. whatever you get, i'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Eglide.

Attached Thumbnails Street Glide or Eglide?-18web.jpg   Street Glide or Eglide?-4web.jpg   Street Glide or Eglide?-5web.jpg  

Quick Reply: Street Glide or Eglide?