Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Bad A$$ Light!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 01:35 AM
gjantzer
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i was waiting to hear Gary's new light set up I'd be hearing crickets........what would I be seeing if I was still waiting for Gary's pic of the BAL-2 light? Show us some love Gary!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 02:53 AM
jetspeed8
Tourer
Veteran: Army
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I'll tell you what.... Drivers DO back off when they see the flash and then the bright light!! I've scared some tailgaters with mine...... They Back Off!!

Old 03-29-2010, 03:34 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i've got mine set on the brightest tail light setting and when the brake is on, i have it set on the brightest setting with the quick flashing. it sure does keep the cars off my rear fender at stoplights, especially at night. awesome investment for safety, and it's got the cool factor too. i'm very impressed. yes julesdain, it is from the company bright *** lights. and that's where the b.a.l. comes from. i got mine at pigtrail harley for 200 bucks, and now regular taillights look boring.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:01 AM
Rick14221
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them also. Run them with a headlight modulator. Great investment

Old 03-29-2010, 10:51 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Just Installed Bright *** Light

Darned if I didn't forget to get a photo or two on the Forum....I'm still dazzled by the BAL-2 tail and stop light. Played with all the different modes and now I'm still seeing RED.....

One image is Brakes on other image is just Tail light. Oh and I have the HD MoCo adapter for Turn signal brake lights.

Buds that I've shown the BAL-2 are blinded by the light. Wish BrightAssLights would make Super LED turn signal units for front and rear. Their products rock!!!

GARY

Attached Thumbnails Just installed Bad A$$ Light!-tail-light-only.jpg   Just installed Bad A$$ Light!-bal-2-brakes-on.jpg  
Old 03-29-2010, 12:06 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I have yet to see a photo that really shows them as bright as they are. They hurt your eyes if you stand back at the right angle and look into the brake lights. (The angle being the same as anyone following you in a car or on a motorcycle.) I keep my tail light at the middle setting with the brake light at the high setting with a burst of flash before turning solid bright. Cagers really do keep their distance. I'll tap the brakes in traffic if I think someone is getting a little close. They respond immediately by backing off. Worth every penny IMHO.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:49 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 'secret' of shooting them seems to be (A) using fixed settings (obviously, as you can see a substantial difference in exposure between the two photos above) for comparison and (B) distance. 50 feet back is blinding at night. 5 feet back would blind your knees.

Old 04-02-2010, 02:40 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1fH2nE8V_U

here are my BAL-2's...just put them on the other day....I'll post some better video of it when I get off my lazy ***.....but this gives an idea.....specially up by the intersection.

Old 04-02-2010, 04:03 AM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 233 Likes on 42 Posts

Great Vid D

Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the tail light is as bright just riding down the road without applying the brakes, how can anyone see the turn signal lights flashing from the rear. Looks like a bit of over-kill (f0r the price) but on the other-hand, we do a lot of that.

Quick Reply: Just installed Bad A$$ Light!