Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Garage coming soon...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:43 AM
knepp1bj
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys are making me jelous with those sweet man caves!

Old 12-14-2009, 03:48 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by frontiercat
That's a pretty good idea. Man, I got kids running through my garage all of the time...between the bikes. Hauling out their scooters and stuff. No telling how many scuffs and scratches I end up with due to that.

Gotta get my crap together and fix up my garage one of these days.
Yup, mine was in the garage as well but didn't like it around the young-ins', so it has it's own room in the basement now. At a minimum, I'd keep it covered all the time. That will save you a few scratches.

Old 12-14-2009, 04:14 PM
usmcbay
Cruiser

I have a 5yr old son and a 2yr old daughter who love to spend time in the Garage (because that's where we play when Momma needs a break...) and I am continually instilling into their young minds - "Don't touch the Motorcycle ever with anything - EVER~!"

That may sound harsh but if I don't they'd be driving nails through it and sanding my chrome off...

He's already gotten too many Tattoo's (lol)

Attached Thumbnails Harley Garage coming soon...-camera-095-medium-.jpg  
Old 12-14-2009, 04:14 PM
usmcbay
Cruiser

When I get a TV installed it will be a perfect way to get the kids to want to be in the Garage to watch their movies... and I'll just HAVE TO be out there to watch them... I think the light just came on~!

Moo hoo ha ha ha....

Last edited by usmcbay; 12-14-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Taylorized
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is as close as I can get to the Harley Garage

On our Honneymoon we pulled our bike in the motel room

Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Taylorized,

What's with the carpet under the bikes?

Old 12-15-2009, 07:57 AM
usmcbay
Cruiser

OKAY... this is why I am fed up and want to do something with my Garage... Here's the UGLY~!

What I like about these storage shelves is that they lift up and push in flush. See att'd photos.

Attached Thumbnails Harley Garage coming soon...-dsc06078.jpg   Harley Garage coming soon...-dsc06079.jpg   Harley Garage coming soon...-dsc06082.jpg   Harley Garage coming soon...-dsc06083.jpg   Harley Garage coming soon...-dsc06084.jpg  

Old 12-15-2009, 08:05 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by usmcbay
OKAY... this is why I am fed up and want to do something with my Garage... Here's the UGLY~!

What I like about these storage shelves is that they lift up and push in flush. See att'd photos.
LOL. You're right, that is just unsat. No way that would cut it with my ****-retentiveness.

Semper Fi Brother.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:19 AM
usmcbay
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
LOL. You're right, that is just unsat. No way that would cut it with my ****-retentiveness.

Semper Fi Brother.
Oh man ~ don't get me started. I have to compete with the thought of how much storage I have built BUT IT STILL LOOKS LIKE CRAP...

My wife's school books take up 50% of my storage so all of the loose items will soon be stowed away and then I should have "Item Free" walls by that time when we get rid of those storage bins filled with books!!!!!! I have Hurricane plywood screwed into my wall which is presenting a challenge and looks bad really. I have a bunch of Office Furniture I am selling and will free up my floor space. I have gone out there before to get started and just grab a beer and go back inside. But now I have ONE clean side so one "thing" at a time I am getting it in order. Our first home had HUGE attic space which I decked with Hurricane Plywood and was able to store a lot "upstairs". This home is larger but has very little attic space. Anyway... blah blah blah... I am still very much Marine Corp when it comes to keeping things squared away that's why I have to get on top of this soon. It all started when I told my wife... "here... you can use this area". I gave her an inch and it became my ruler!!! ha ha...

Semper Fi my friend...

Old 12-15-2009, 09:35 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by usmcbay
Oh man ~ don't get me started. I have to compete with the thought of how much storage I have built BUT IT STILL LOOKS LIKE CRAP...

My wife's school books take up 50% of my storage so all of the loose items will soon be stowed away and then I should have "Item Free" walls by that time when we get rid of those storage bins filled with books!!!!!! I have Hurricane plywood screwed into my wall which is presenting a challenge and looks bad really. I have a bunch of Office Furniture I am selling and will free up my floor space. I have gone out there before to get started and just grab a beer and go back inside. But now I have ONE clean side so one "thing" at a time I am getting it in order. Our first home had HUGE attic space which I decked with Hurricane Plywood and was able to store a lot "upstairs". This home is larger but has very little attic space. Anyway... blah blah blah... I am still very much Marine Corp when it comes to keeping things squared away that's why I have to get on top of this soon. It all started when I told my wife... "here... you can use this area". I gave her an inch and it became my ruler!!! ha ha...

Semper Fi my friend...
I hear you. It adds up quick, and all of a sudden there's a mess. We're moving to North Tx next year, so I'll be going through the same thing, especially since there's no basements there. Yikes ...

Quick Reply: Harley Garage coming soon...