Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipes Ultra Limited

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:15 AM
Harley Limited
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pipes Ultra Limited

Have a new Ultra Limited with approx. 750 miles on it. What pipes would you put on it to get a soft rumble and eliminate the CATS? I don't want it to be real loud to where I can't enjoy the CD player. This is my first HD and I don't know a lot about them.

Thanks

Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 AM
hawg20
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My friend just put the slip-on jackpots from fuelmoto. They have a nice deep rumble, they sound better than my V&H ovals.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:03 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 533 Likes on 382 Posts

If you want to get rid of the cats, swap out the head-pipe with either Fuel-Moto or V&H Power Duals...Fuel-Moto's looks more like the stock setup thou...B

Old 12-14-2009, 09:04 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I had that bike and could afford it, I would have a set of True Duels and Rinehart Slip-On's.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:36 AM
RodFarmer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Limited like yours. I put on the Screaming Eagle slip-ons for a litlle more sound, not a lot but some. I kept the cats because it will have to go though emmisons testing in a couple years. Arizona emmissions test motorcycles. These have the EPA stamp so I don't have to worry about nosie restrictions in areas when traveling. It did the Harely fuel map and download plus the SE air filter. Did I do the best thing? probably not, but I wanted a little more noise. I out grew the need for speed so I don't care much about performance. I'm new to Harley also, this is my first one.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:03 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RodFarmer
I have a Limited like yours. I put on the Screaming Eagle slip-ons for a litlle more sound, not a lot but some. I kept the cats because it will have to go though emmisons testing in a couple years. Arizona emmissions test motorcycles. These have the EPA stamp so I don't have to worry about nosie restrictions in areas when traveling. It did the Harely fuel map and download plus the SE air filter. Did I do the best thing? probably not, but I wanted a little more noise. I out grew the need for speed so I don't care much about performance. I'm new to Harley also, this is my first one.
It's not the speed, but the torque and lower heat that the cats put out that most are looking for when going to TD's. With the proper set-up, TD's will lower your heat significantly. Understand that you can't remove the cats though. Eventually, all states will be like yours and CA in that regard. Lovely.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:30 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

D&D Fatcat. Lose the converters and make more power.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:46 PM
geezerglide1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RodFarmer
Since your in Arizona get a hold of Steve @ Fullsac, I had him remove the CAT and I installed the SuperTrapp Fatshotz which have the EPA Markings on them.

geezerglide

Old 12-14-2009, 01:52 PM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,407 Likes on 1,593 Posts

That setup from Fuel moto looks pretty good to me. I know the mufflers that he carries are tunable for sound up or down over the standard baffles if you end up wanting to go quieter.

I have the V&H power duals and Monster ovals. They are not too loud, have a very deep rumble and are stereo friendly but cheap they are not.

Torque is more important to me on a bagger so I would stick with a 2/1/2 or 2/1 system.

Old 12-15-2009, 07:22 AM
flhrbill
Club Member
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have an 09 EGC and just installed the Screamin Eagle slip-ons. I love the sound, just a little louder than stock but they have a nice deep rumble. It's important that we still hear the tunes and my wife dosen't like the louder pipes for long distance riding.

Quick Reply: Pipes Ultra Limited