Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC5 VS. Fuelpak

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
Well I'll be real interested in hearing how all this works out for you. I've got basically the same setup, only on an 07 police RK (same slip on's, se air cleaner) Are you going to put it on a dyno after you get everything all up and working?
No. Not much into the dyno thing. A little more torque and/or horsepower here and there doesn't do much for me. More interested in a cooler running/longer lasting motor than anything else. Even with my sport bikes I never got them dynoed because I was more interested in smoothing out the power. I already knew they were insanely powerful.

I will definitely get back to you with my seat of the pants/heat/quality/etc impressions though.

Old 12-14-2009, 03:27 PM
MIKE722
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased an 09 like yours Damascus. Should be in the truck on it's way here. Talked to Fuel Moto as well and the only difference is that they quoted me the Jackpot Dynotuned Mufflers. I'm sure this has been discussed, but what does this do to factory warranty?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:54 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MIKE722
I just purchased an 09 like yours Damascus. Should be in the truck on it's way here. Talked to Fuel Moto as well and the only difference is that they quoted me the Jackpot Dynotuned Mufflers. I'm sure this has been discussed, but what does this do to factory warranty?
Oh, I just assume it nukes the factory warranty even if it technically shouldn't.

It's much easier to have that mindset if/when something does go wrong and you go to the dealer and he says it's your fault.

For instance, if your frame cracks, that shouldn't have anything to do with your non-Harley air filter, but according to many a sneaky dealer ... maybe it does.

Along those lines ... I wouldn't necessarily advertise to your dealer that you made these changes and/or you may want to put the bike back to stock before you bring it in for a regular service/recall/problem/etc.

Last edited by Damascus; 12-15-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

I run the FuelPak on my 2007 Electra Glide and it has made it run much better, and a bit cooler, than stock. However, the only mods I have done is the SE air cleaner and V&H Fishtail slip ons with the quiet baffles. The FuelPak has the settings for this exact setup so it did fine.

I considered the Power Commander but since I have no intention of doing internal engine changes I felt it would be too much money, and trouble, to put out. The FuelPak was pretty easy for a near retard as myself to install.