Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED wiring HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Rijan
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default LED wiring HELP!

Hi, need help!
Tried wiring my Knight rider LED to the Ultra tour pack.I gounded the black wire and I spliced the blue wire with the blue wire in the tour pack.However when I try to add the red wire from the LED to the red and yellow from the tour pack the light goes out.I now have it in running mode only not attaching the red but would like to have it in break mode also.
I know I am doind something wrong!!!!!

Any advice....the beer is not helping....

Old 12-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Rijan

...the beer is not helping....
Man, this always happens to me when I start drinking beer before completing the job. Not sure exactly which wires you're tapping into (you said the tourpack so I'm assuming the wires which already feed the lights for that) but I connected my airwing luggage rack led lightbar to the accessory plug under my seat. I just ran it out along the left bag/frame area and safety-tied it. All colors matched up and I get the run and brake feature. When you connect the red you're shorting the hot side out and causing the light to go off. Try reversing the red and blue and see what happens...

Brad

Old 12-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Rijan
Cruiser

Thanks Brad,
Ya tired that under the tour pack did not work.When I spliced the red with the Orange and white under the seat the break light function worked but not the running. I will take nother beer ah ,..,I mean,,.. look under the seat again.if not I will leave it or just snap it in half burn it then flush it down the toilet.
It is -20 C with the wind chill and the bike is in the garage so itgets a little nippy to work!!!!

Old 12-12-2009, 01:04 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Service manual - wiring diagram in the back - should help answer your questions on what wires do what -

Old 12-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Rijan
Cruiser

Ya tried that route, I either have something wrong with the LED,wires mixed on the bike or Beer gone bad.!!!!!
So cannot decide to leave light as low running or have it only
come on when I hit the breaks????