Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can I do to cover this ugly spot on 2010FLHX?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 01:01 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What can I do to cover this ugly spot on 2010FLHX?

OK guys.. this might be **** but Im putting together this 2010 FLHX and running the small round Air Cleaner kit and as soon as I got the football style stock cover off I noticed the ugly wiring/control plug that sticks out over the push rods... I know that H-D does make a cover that comes in the new cone style air cleaner kit and that covers it from the front but with my air cleaner you can still see this mess from the top... any ideas is greatly appreciated!

Old 12-11-2009, 01:05 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

Put the throttle body cover from the SE Heavy on it like I did. It comes in gloss black or wrinkle black.

oops, just realized that you already know about the cover.

Attached Thumbnails What can I do to cover this ugly spot on 2010FLHX?-000_0450.jpg  

Last edited by dawg; 12-11-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you have there is the result of HD not paying attention to detail. There is no reason why they could not have placed the plug at the bottom of the servo instead of right on the side hanging over the push rod tubes.

The only solution I know of is the cover plate from the heavy breather (same plate you already found). I would not be surprised if the aftermarket does not have a solution by now.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:21 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master

Originally Posted by cyclonecutting
What you have there is the result of HD not paying attention to detail. There is no reason why they could not have placed the plug at the bottom of the servo instead of right on the side hanging over the push rod tubes.

The only solution I know of is the cover plate from the heavy breather (same plate you already found). I would not be surprised if the aftermarket does not have a solution by now.
Excatly what I thought when I seen it! Im hoping some aftermarket part is available soon... if not maybe somebody on here will come up with something and make a boatload of money on it!

Old 12-11-2009, 01:25 PM
tencrore
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Put the throttle body cover from the SE Heavy on it like I did. It comes in gloss black or wrinkle black.

oops, just realized that you already know about the cover.
Can the cover be bought just by itself? If so, do you happen to know the part number, preferably for the wrinkle black?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:27 PM
itsaw0rkinpr0gre$$
"Seeker of Freedom"
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That plug is the reason I went with the "Ventilator" vs. the "Heavy Breather". The Ventilator hides it.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:52 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master

Originally Posted by tencrore
Can the cover be bought just by itself? If so, do you happen to know the part number, preferably for the wrinkle black?

Thanks in advance for your help.
The gloss black part # is 28890-09 dont have the wrinkle black # but Im sure the dealer can find it with the gloss part #. I think its about $20 by itself.

Old 12-11-2009, 03:04 PM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ICIBUY
OK guys.. this might be **** but Im putting together this 2010 FLHX and running the small round Air Cleaner kit and as soon as I got the football style stock cover off I noticed the ugly wiring/control plug that sticks out over the push rods... I know that H-D does make a cover that comes in the new cone style air cleaner kit and that covers it from the front but with my air cleaner you can still see this mess from the top... any ideas is greatly appreciated!

i think i saw a piece to cover that on the kuryakyn site and don't look to awfully bad unless you need blacked out . it's chrome

Old 12-11-2009, 03:22 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Old 12-11-2009, 03:44 PM
QIKLUV
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

need to change the top pulley. you aint gonna make any power with that big ole cog

Quick Reply: What can I do to cover this ugly spot on 2010FLHX?