Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dakota Digital

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 10:08 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Okay all you digital people. I have built my own detachable fairing for my RK from OEM parts, in particular an OEM inner fairing. But I have no guages.

Does anybody have old gauges they want to get rid of? I don't even care if they work, I am just looking for hole plugs that don't look like "hole plugs"

Let me know. Thanks Dan.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:15 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Looking good.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 PM
junianby
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rogerfromco
Got mine in a few weeks ago, but there's been snow on the roads pretty much ever since then. Loved the glow the first night I rode it after the install - very easy to read. Here's a few chitty camera phone pic of them.

BTW - one of our forum members (ClassicRyder) sells them on e-bay for around $875. If you find his listing, call his shop and he'll give you a little price break.
Just ordered a set from ClassicRyder. Very nice people. They will be sent out today. Do I need to send the speedo in to dakota digital to get the mileage put on or can I do it myself?
Nick

Old 12-14-2009, 07:21 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master

Originally Posted by junianby
Just ordered a set from ClassicRyder. Very nice people. They will be sent out today. Do I need to send the speedo in to dakota digital to get the mileage put on or can I do it myself?
Nick
It can only be done in the 1st 100 miles and YOU can do it yourself on the latest models. The older versions had to be done by Dakota.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
junianby
6th Gear

Originally Posted by rogerfromco
It can only be done in the 1st 100 miles and YOU can do it yourself on the latest models. The older versions had to be done by Dakota.
I'm getting mine from the same place you did. Did you get the newer version?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

The DD gauges is only a part of the project. To finish it you have to have your stereo head unit converted to blue (second photo) and then add LEDs around your motor.

Attached Thumbnails Dakota Digital-seuc-mods.img_0046.jpg   Dakota Digital-seuc-mods.img_0047.jpg   Dakota Digital-seuc-mods.img_0045.jpg   Dakota Digital-seuc-mods.img_0044.jpg  

Last edited by Open Road; 12-14-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Open Road
Road Captain

Or in red, if that's the color of gauges and LEDs that you've gone with.

Attached Thumbnails Dakota Digital-img_1402.jpg  
Old 12-14-2009, 09:01 PM
jetspeed8
Tourer
Veteran: Army
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Installed mine about 3 weeks ago now. the speedo turned out to read 1 mile an hour faster than the GPS, so that was OK. The gear shift took all of about a 3 minute ride up the street and the fuel came already set right for my year bike. I lowered the intensity of the gauge lights, for night riding. They were pretty bright on the factory setting.

They really add a lot to the bike. Can't believe it took me this long before I installed them.

Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 PM
CLASSICRYDER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by junianby
Nick
you can do the mileage yourself....it's very easy i've installed atleast 7 or 8 sets, if you need any help give me a call or just call dakota...they're very helpful....thanks!!

Old 12-18-2009, 09:03 PM
CLASSICRYDER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StreetGliderRider
I'm just wrapping up my DD install, can anyone tell me if these gauges are really plug and play or is there going to be alot of calibrating. Need some info before I connect battery. Thanks

And a very big thanks to Dawg for the bracket part numbers
definetly plug n play......

Quick Reply: Dakota Digital