Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help With Ipod,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 08:20 PM
GEORGEW
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Need Help With Ipod,,,,

I have a friend who has a 07 Electra Glide Standard,,,,With no radio..

Question,, Can he hook up a system to use his Bose Ipod With out installing a radio??

If so please help with what he needs to make this work,,

Also does Bose make speakers that will fit on a 07 Bagger??

Old 12-10-2009, 08:30 PM
Chris616
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man it is possible and easy. Check out my speaker system in my profile photo's. I just plug my iPod right into. The speakers are Kuryakyn and are great and chromed up.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Just one bit of advice...the best iPods for riding are the Shuffle, Nano and iPod Touch because they are the only one's with flash memory and won't be affected by vibration.

I used an iPod Classic (latest model) for many miles, mostly trouble free, before I figured this out. I freezes up every now and then while riding. I'd just do a hard reset to get it going again. It eventually got to the point where it would occasionally give me an error message saying it was corrupted when I'd try to sync it. I finally had to erase & restore it to get it working again. It's never been quite right ever since. The girl I ride uses an iPod as well and her's freezes up more than mine does.

But, I'm sure there will be several guys here who will chime in reporting many trouble-free miles with their iPods. I was doing it all over again, I'd probably get the iPod Touch so I wouldn't have to worry about it going out on me during a trip. Reason I didn't get it to start with is they are more $ for less memory. Can't use the "touch" feature with gloves on anyway...I have an iPhone so that's how I know.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:21 PM
GEORGEW
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

OK , thanks,,,,Does Bose make a speaker that fits a 07 Bagger if not tell me which is the best Speaker ??

Old 12-11-2009, 02:58 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your friend is going to utilize the factory speaker provisions in the fairing you can find a bose speaker to fit although there are many other choices that are designed to withstand vibration and weather and offer as good, if not better performance. Once you choose a speaker, you will need something to amplify the signal from the iPod, there are some choices in the Drag Specialties catalog but most come with a set of handlebar mounted speakers (as far as I know). You may be able to contact the manufacturer to see if they offer an amp for this type of installation.