Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

more horsepower for 04 ultra

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ron bayless
All these sound like good ideas.Ididnt want to spend much money, but realize it costs a lot to get any power out of these motors.I dont expect a 900 pound bike to be a tire burner.Stump puller like one guy said is what I want.i dont ride fast anyway.
Dawg has a great idea. You're right when you say that making power from an HD is a spendy proposition - it sure as hell is, but it's possible to leave your motor basically stock internally, add a tuner, exhaust, and air cleaner for under $1000 and easily gain the 10 hp. you originally inquired about. Even if you go with a cam and tuner like Dawg suggested you'll likely end up with these additions anyway. True, it'll never be a tire burner but either way the smile factor will go way up.

Old 12-11-2009, 08:56 AM
electra glide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What air cleaner is on there? If it's stock, there'e a place to start. Any of them K&N, Screamin Eagle, Ness Big Sucker, are gonna give you a little gain. Actually, for the $, a lot they're not expensive. What exhaust is it? Might get a little help from a 2 into 1 also, Rinehart maybe? I like Rinehart but there are a lot of others out there. Step 3 would be a cam, I have an SE 203 in my 88 and it helps a good deal, mostly at the higher RPM's though. None of these things are miracle cures, but the wife and I never have a hard time passing cars or keeping up with the pack, even the guys with the 95 kits. Oh sure, if we drag raced I'm sure they'd win, but we keep up all day when riding on A sunday.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:39 PM
oasis856
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Look into Vance & Hines Fuelpak

Vance & Hines Fuelpac, airfilter and hookerpipes work for me. I can run with the best
and run for thousands less. Fuelpak sells and make a lot of riders happy for less.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:54 PM
turider
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too own a "04" Ultra. I serviced this bike for the former owner from the time he bought it new. It was a DOG! Gas mileage was unbelievable upper 40's most the time. After I bought it I made one trip with it and tore in to it as soon as I got home. I would recomend this. Cams and Power Commander. I used HD 203's and very happy with results. Passing is not a problem and still getting 40 MPG. I did this thinking if I needed to go further I could and this would need to be done anyway. Hope this helps. Good luck.