Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 Stage II Tune Question ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:48 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

As Bob has stated, if they will let you apply the cost of the download towards purchasing a TTS Mastertune, you'd be set for a good tune. I had the SERT and went straight to a dynotuner.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:57 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by WindDamage
Ok getting ready to drop my 09 Street Glide off at the Dealer to have a 103 Stage II W/255'S installed. I'm told the HD Stage II download will work fine,should have no problems..

Here's my Question,,,What % of a power increase would I get if I go from the HD download to a Dyno tune?
Wondered what kind of ~hp/tq figures are they telling you to expect with HD download and this kit?

Old 12-10-2009, 10:07 AM
WindDamage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

acchd,,The dealer has not said what #'s I will get with the download, just that I will feel a big bump in power.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:24 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by WindDamage
acchd,,The dealer has not said what #'s I will get with the download, just that I will feel a big bump in power.
No problem thanks WindDamage. My 09 Parts & Acc has some figures for Stage 1 but I didn't see Stage 2's. One of the local dealers in my area is running a special on your Stage 2 setup for $1725.

http://h-dofcharlotte.com/service/monthlyspecial.php

Old 12-10-2009, 10:41 AM
marcparnes
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 103" Stage II with 255 cams. I originally had the factory download and then went for a PCV with Fuelmoto's mapping. The bike ran fine except for some pinging. I took it in for a dyno tune to get rid of the pinging and what a surprise! It came out running like a different bike. I could feel it in the first mile. Way more responsive and even feels stronger. I'm convinced that a good tune can make all the difference. BTW, the 103" with 255 cams is a very noticeable improvement in power over the stock 96". Well worthwhile.

Marc

Old 12-10-2009, 12:14 PM
bob2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bob2002
Its you money but why not go to the TTS tuner right now,just download a map that close or if someone has one close to what you have,its not hard at all to V-tune ,some basic computer skills are needed and just ride the bike. You will come very close to a perfect map for the way you ride.
Something else to think about,slip on mufflers,air filter and do you have a good Indy nearby,the stock mufflers really won't do.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:45 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ultraclassic, I don't see any "misinformation" as you stated from streetgliderick. He simply stated that he wouldn't use the 255 cams. What's the problem with that? I personally wouldn't use ANY SE cams. I'd only use Woods or Andrews. But that's just my two cents worth as well.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:06 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

double post

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 12-10-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:40 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Ultraclassic, I don't see any "misinformation" as you stated from streetgliderick. He simply stated that he wouldn't use the 255 cams. What's the problem with that? I personally wouldn't use ANY SE cams. I'd only use Woods or Andrews. But that's just my two cents worth as well.
Well, this was SUPPOSED to be an inquiry about a tune, but like what usually happens, it was taken off course by the usual SE hating drive-by's so I ask YOU to inform us lowly SE cam/parts users what it is in our choice of cams that would make me want to run out and change my cam selection based on a mechanically inferior design versus just being a fanboy on an internet forum of other cam selections. I'm hoping for some REAL life experience in an explanation, backed by REAL life proof we have made a grave mistake in our SE cam decision for our particular build and riding styles. I'm looking for the "Wow I just shat my pants on proof" explanation too. I wonder if Bob Woods himself actually being crammed in my motor would generate more power for my build? You think?

There are other cams and there are other builds, but just coming in a thread and pissing on SE parts has gotten stale around here since there is a bazillion "which cam" and "is it worth it" threads. All these parts start out in life as a chunk of metal, it's how well they compliment each other and the effort put into maintaining strict engine building power making tolerances that separates the men from the boys. IMO. Would I personally drop my bike off at a dealership for an SE build and return later to pick it up leaving behind a lot of cash? No, but the OP didn't ask this question in this fashion either.

Lastly, If you are from the school of thought that a cammed only(ANY VENDORS CAM) 96" will run with a well built 103" , save your typing skills. You need not reply. Stick with decisions based on internet forum happy dynotune pastings.

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 12-10-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

103 255 cams on 08 glide, runs great, doesnt ping, plenty of pulling power when riding 2-up on trip with wife and luggage, all with the canned map. I wouldnt change a thing and have no regrets.

Quick Reply: 103 Stage II Tune Question ??