Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recurved Windshield Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009 | 07:36 AM
Beach Bagger
|
Tourer
Default Recurved Windshield Options

Hello. I'm doing some research and trying to make a buying decision about a new windshield that I'm going to put on my new SG when I get it in January. I think I want some kid of recurved windshield and I'm wondering if there are any other players out there besides Klockwerks, Windvest and Clearview that make these. I'm wanting about a 6" shield and I like the looks of the Klockwerks shield, but I want to be able to use any windshield pouch(s) that I want. Is there anyone else that makes recurved windshields?

Old 12-09-2009 | 07:45 AM
teedubya
Road Master

I use an 8" Clearview on my Ultra Classic in smoke tint and am very pleased with it.

Old 12-09-2009 | 07:49 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Beach Bagger
Hello. I'm doing some research and trying to make a buying decision about a new windshield that I'm going to put on my new SG when I get it in January. I think I want some kid of recurved windshield and I'm wondering if there are any other players out there besides Klockwerks, Windvest and Clearview that make these. I'm wanting about a 6" shield and I like the looks of the Klockwerks shield, but I want to be able to use any windshield pouch(s) that I want. Is there anyone else that makes recurved windshields?
I have a 9" Long Ride dark tinted recurve windshield and I like it a lot. Much cheaper than Clearview and same quality. I had a taller Clearview that I sold so I could compare the 2.
I also like the looks of the KW, Windvest and Cee Bailey's, particularly the Cee Bailey's SSC, but most of them don't allow windshield pouches and I don't want to lose mine.

Old 12-09-2009 | 08:13 AM
hitchpan
Intermediate
Default Longride(r)

I have a Longride also that I bought off ebay from them, for $75 with free shipping.

I bought my 06 SG used, and it came with the stock 4" and a 12" clear.

I like the looks of the 4", but the wind is hell in the winter, but the 8" Dark Tint Longride with recurve that I bought is perfect.

I have a 2-pouch HD pouch on it, but I think a 3 pouch would fit, too.

It keeps the wind off of me just as good as the 12" does with or without dot and novelty helmets, and I can see over the top of it. It also keeps light rain off of me fairly well, but I haven't been caught in heavy rain yet. I am 5' 7", and I am running an HD reach seat.

Old 12-09-2009 | 08:23 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Old 12-09-2009 | 08:53 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior

9.5 dark recurve from clearview and love it.

Old 12-09-2009 | 08:57 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

10" light tint Windvest. It actually measures 9-1/2" from the top of the fairing to the top of the shield, and it works with my T-Bags windshield bag. I haven't had it in the rain yet, but it's as good as the stock 12" shield for keeping the wind off of me.

Old 12-09-2009 | 09:02 AM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I have a 9" Long Ride dark tinted recurve windshield and I like it a lot.
+1

I have two, one med gray and the other dark gray. The dark is on my SESG.

Matt also has superior customer service and fast shipping as well.

Old 12-09-2009 | 01:01 PM
IslandGlide
Cruiser

I had a 6.5 clearview recurve on my 08 SG and a 6 inch windvest on my 09 SG. I like the 6 inch windvest better. Basically same protection-the clearview is .5 taller but the sides are shorter (a bit more arc) whereas the windvest sides are a bit taller (more square). I like the looks of the windvest a bit better for that reason. I don't have pouches, but I figure the windvest would be better with the taller sides?? my .02

Old 12-09-2009 | 01:36 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Cee Bailey also makes recurved windscreens, but they don't really work with windshield bags.

I put on a 8" smoked Clearview for the winter and am very happy with it. Riding down the freeway, I can raise my hand and feel the wind just above my helmet.

Last edited by Mike; 12-09-2009 at 01:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Recurved Windshield Options