Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Station Scan

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 07:45 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tech
From Tony at Iron Cross Audio......

"Press and hold the "More" button at softkey 6. This will activate the program scan mode. "P-scan" will be displayed on the display. "

I tried it. It does work
It does work, I just tried it out. Although, when you hold the "more" button the radio does scan the presets on its own, not with the use of the right side handle bar button. Hitting the handle bar button stops the scan. If you hold the right handle bar button up or down, it will begin a regular scan of channels. I was hoping that I could get the right side button to cycle through the presets. Seems the only way to do this is to reach up to the head unit and either press the soft key of the pre set or hold the "more" one to cycle through them. Just noticed it is a little different for the XM part of it. Holding the "more" button while in XM does nothing. Holding the right side button will scan through the pre sets on XM.

Last edited by marvincbr; 07-24-2010 at 08:01 AM. Reason: more info
Old 10-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Streets
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Street Glide 2 days ago. Everything works great but the Preset station control (or lack of) is a little baffling. It appears the Pre-set scan is the only way to go through the stations you like. It would be nice to switch the station yourself the second you hear a commercial. Let me know if anyone has figured out a better way.

Old 08-04-2021, 04:52 AM
chizm
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1990 harley ultra classic

Originally Posted by Iron Cross Audio
From Tony at Iron Cross Audio......

"Press and hold the "More" button at softkey 6. This will activate the program scan mode. "P-scan" will be displayed on the display. "

I tried it. It does work
Hi
BTW would you know is there an auto scan switch somewhere on this bike checked the owners manual found nothing,
what happens is this:
its scans to a new station every minute or so like clockwork?
tried turning it off and other things to get it set it was working fine?
thanks
Bob