Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ up center stand

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009 | 11:19 AM
Damascus
Road Captain

The EZ-Up center stand has an extremely solid build (maybe even over-built) so even when it touches down, I'm not worried about it.

I needed it for limited garage space and it works exactly as advertised. Plus, my simple self kinda gets a giggle out of the ease of just riding off. That's new.

I'm less interested in pushing the envelope while riding these days - especially on a heavy Road King - but if you do, the EZ-Up center stand will cost you about an inch of ground clearance.

Old 12-10-2009 | 12:31 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the Wheeldock and I like it, it has touched twice while riding hard. Not a true center stand like whats on imports, its a ride off stand. When I place my bike on the stand if it goes up to easy I worry there should be some amount of pressure to raise the bike, easy up easy down get what I mean. I have never had the bike come off the stand. To get the rear wheel off the ground you have to place a piece of wood under the stand. This is what I like about it:

Pros

Less space used in the garage
Easier to work on the bike
Cleaning the rims is easy, 1x6 piece of wood under the stand
Sitting on the bike is nicer (waiting for the wfe, supermarket shopping)
Easy to get on the stand
09 Models one bolt to take on or off

Cons

Some have had their bike roll off the stand
Can touch down in a hard turn, or speed bumps

I'm glad I have it and for the last 25+ years my bikes have had center stands.

Old 01-24-2011 | 03:57 PM
marvin4239
Intermediate

I just put the EZUP center stand on my 2010 Road Glide Custom and it's a bear to get it up on the stand. I'm 190 lbs mildly handicapped and 63 years old but I still think maybe it's a little to long. When I am able to get it on the stand the rear tire is 1/2" off the ground. Mine is CS-09 model. Maybe I just need to get use to it?

Old 01-24-2011 | 04:41 PM
DarrenUltra010
Advanced

I have one love the stand. Did take some time to get used to when and where to use it but love the product. Biggest thing to learn leave side stand down. Also I never try when I am two up with my wifes adjustable pegs out it just doesnt work well.

Old 01-24-2011 | 06:47 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master

The bike can fall over, it drags while cornering and it takes a lot of effort for some to use....Yet people are still recommending this? LMAO!

Old 01-24-2011 | 07:44 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CigarCritic
The bike can fall over, it drags while cornering and it takes a lot of effort for some to use....Yet people are still recommending this? LMAO!
I have not had any of these issues, most riders don't.
Same for 2 friends who also have the stand.

Good product.

Old 01-24-2011 | 08:13 PM
marvin4239
Intermediate

Called Wheeldock this afternoon and found they sent me the wrong stand 2010 Road Glide Custom takes a CS-09L which is and inch shorter than the standard CS-09. Sending it back for and exchange.

Last edited by marvin4239; 01-24-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-24-2011 | 08:20 PM
mcain49
Road Master

I put the EZ-UP stand on my Ultra last December. So far, my experience has been good. The stand is very stable and requires some effort to push the bike off if you choose not to drive off the stand. Based on the experiences of others, I wouldn't use it on a down hill incline but I can't imagine it coming off the stand on level ground without some kind of outside influence. The stand is convenient for oil changes, makes servicing easier and keeps the bike stable when a passenger mounts. Like most others, I leave the bike in gear and lower the jiffy stand just in case. At this point, I have not had any experiences with the stand contacting the ground in turns or speed bumps as others have reported. As far as putting the bike on the stand, I find it quite easy to do while straddling the bike. All in all, I like this stand very much.

Old 01-24-2011 | 10:46 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

It scraped way too easy in the twisties for me to leave it on the bike, but it makes a great maintenance stand. Takes only a minute to attach/detach.

Old 01-25-2011 | 07:10 AM
Chaffeekid
Cruiser

As you can see in the sig pic, I have one on my Ultra and use it all the time. This is a ride off type stand, both wheels remain on the ground. You have to really rock the bike to get it off the stand, no way is it going to roll off. Course I always park it in gear. Got this one off e-bay, brand new for about 150.00 if I remember right. Attaches to the bow tie brace with two large bolts. Piece of cake to put it on the stand, almost no effort. Course I weigh 200 and am 6'1", well I used to be think I have lost an inch
I love the center stand, great for maintenance as has been said first thing I put on the bike. Never had it scrape, but hey, I'm a Geezer rider
Ride Safe

Quick Reply: EZ up center stand