Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ up center stand

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dklanecky
Wheeldock center stands (EZUP) are very nice products.

That said, I never leave mine up on the centerstand (unattended) unless I have a perfectly flat parking spot, and if it is up on the centerstand, I always leave it in gear, with the jiffy stand down, just in case.
Centerstands are great but if the bike is covered and its windy lookout! I had a BMW the dealer put on its centersand after serviceing it and the wind blew it over cracking the oil pan,I had my 86 venture in the parking lot at work covered and the wind blew it over breaking the windshield and a mirror.
Sold me! That is one risk that just ain't worth taking.
I don't care how much praise this thing gets, I ain't gonna risk seeing my bike with the sunny side down.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:43 PM
sailorrudy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one on my Ultra. I weigh 175 fully dressed. I need to put all my weight on it to get it down. If a weighed 200 no sweat. I only use it in my garage so far.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Araba Shriner
Road Master

I have an EZ-up on mine a really like it. Mine has the adjustable legs, and is very stable even with me sitting on it.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have an EZ-up. It's a quality product and works as advertised but you will lose some cornering clearance.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:14 PM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one and really like it, sometimes when I waiting,etc I use it to stretch out on my classic, it has to be on a flat surface though...

Old 12-08-2009, 08:53 PM
dlrshort
Road Captain

I like my stand on my '09 SG, and it is very stable, however, depending on the surface, I cannot always drive off of it as the rear tire will spin. I saw their rep at a show and he offered to swap for a slightly lower piece (for an '08), but the bike was unstable and 'wobbly' on it so I opted to keep what I have. I do use it on flat surfaces hard surfaces and have no reservations about leaving it unattended. Also, in my small garage where I also keep my Wing, the upright position saves lots of space.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:37 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Rivco I do like it for cleaning, loading and taking up less space

Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Wheeldock EZ Up and I use it everwhere. Never had a problem with it and don't expect to. As long as you always park with your front tire up, you will not have a problem. Getting it up on the stand is very easy and can be done without even holding onto the bars. If you are pulling the bars back, you are doing it wrong. Most important is to park with front tire up always, even when just using the sidestand.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Sc0ut
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the EZ-up on my stock height 09 Ultra. Removed it after a couple of hundred miles. I ride mostly 2-up and it bottoms out (scraped) on tight turns. And it really bottoms out on those parking lot speed bumps. But it is a well-made product and easy to install and use. My center stand is now just sitting in my basement, collecting dust.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

We have a Wheel doc EZ up center stand. Have had it on 05 Ultra for about 3 years. Never had any problems with it. Floor boards scrape before the stand ever touches never had a problem with it bottoming out.
My wife has M/S this makes it harder to get on the bike. Because of the center stand she can get on and comfortable before I get on and drive off. Yes we don't park with the frount wheel facing downhill but I don't do that in the side stand either.

Quick Reply: EZ up center stand