Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WInter Specials

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:49 PM
BigInjun
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool WInter Specials

A local dealer has a winter special listed on their website offering HD Fatshotz slipons, air cleaner and a "download" for less than 800.00
First, is anyone familiar with the New pipes, and exactly what is a download and what does it consist of ? And exactly whats it gonna do as far as performance goes?

Old 12-07-2009, 09:45 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My local has the big bore 103 for $890. I'm asking Momma-Clause.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:17 AM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

There are others WAY more qualified to speak to the tech aspects, but you should see increased horsepower, torque and MPG. Whether it's "enough" is all a matter of opinion...

As far as the price...it sounds pretty reasonable.

Good luck!

Old 12-08-2009, 03:12 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigInjun
A local dealer has a winter special listed on their website offering HD Fatshotz slipons, air cleaner and a "download" for less than 800.00
First, is anyone familiar with the New pipes, and exactly what is a download and what does it consist of ? And exactly whats it gonna do as far as performance goes?
Download is a canned EFI program that they download to the ECM. Remaps the fuel injection to suit the higher air flow of your new bits.

Think yourself lucky downloads are available in the USA. The Aussie dealers maintain that no downloads are available and are forcing people to buy a SERT - $760 (Aussie$).

What is it gonna do as far as performance goes?? It will convert the 96 inch from an engine that couldnt pull the skin off a glass of warm milk to an engine that couldnt pull a sailor off your sister. Enjoy.

Old 12-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
Download is a canned EFI program that they download to the ECM. Remaps the fuel injection to suit the higher air flow of your new bits.

Think yourself lucky downloads are available in the USA. The Aussie dealers maintain that no downloads are available and are forcing people to buy a SERT - $760 (Aussie$).

What is it gonna do as far as performance goes?? It will convert the 96 inch from an engine that couldnt pull the skin off a glass of warm milk to an engine that couldnt pull a sailor off your sister. Enjoy.
I'm a bit confused. Most US riders seem to prefer HD's race tuner as the canned download keeps the bike EPA compliant (aka lean). I'm still considering getting the SEPST. What you don't you like about the one you have?

Old 12-08-2009, 04:44 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
I'm a bit confused. Most US riders seem to prefer HD's race tuner as the canned download keeps the bike EPA compliant (aka lean). I'm still considering getting the SEPST. What you don't you like about the one you have?

The SEPST is unreal. The software lets you adjust everything, (spark, throttle response, fuelling, enrichment, enleanment etc etc etc.) I have been using the smart tune with the 124 and it works great.

All I object to is the Stealers insisting that you cant go stage 1 without one. A SEPST is total overkill and a rip off for stage 1. Just not needed for an engine that is so close to stock.

The canned download will probably make the bike a bit lean, but on a stock 96 the SEPST just isnt worth the $700. You might get 5% more power with the SEPST on a stage 1 bike, but 5% of SFA is still close enough to SFA (to use an Aussie expression).

Old 12-08-2009, 05:23 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the info.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:44 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD
My local has the big bore 103 for $890. I'm asking Momma-Clause.
that is an incredible price for the bb kit, if it includes labor. if its just parts, then its soso..... on the off chance that it includes labor, where is local?