Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bub-7, fuelmoto PC-V and cleaner.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 09:42 AM
troy.j
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bub-7, fuelmoto PC-V and cleaner.

This has been up on many posts, but I wanted to post my experience with this install. I have been home from Afghanistan for about a month and finely got around to the mountain of parts in the garage for the bike.

Installing the bub-7s was more or less painless. There were some confused moments, but all went well. All of my confusion was around the transmission mounting point. (New bracket above or below the existing mount, which clamp should be used for that mount) Other than those sticky points that took a minute for me to figure out the 7s were a dream to install.

(During this install I discovered that the floorboards are adjustable. the starboard board and mounts come off for the 7s install. I moved my boards up at this time because I tend to grind them in the turns.)

Installing the FM cleaner was a snap as well. I have read on here about people pinching O-rings so I was very cautious when it came to them. Install was a very easy.

Installing the FM/PC-V was a snap as well. Push some wiring around and hook it up. Nothing to it, however I did need a second set of hands to hold the cables and wires back while I installed the battery.

Performance. I feel like the bike has a bit more. In third the RPMs climb faster in a roll on from 2k to 6K then they did before. it may be a bit on the rich side from the smell of things, but runs great.

Sound. A lot louder than I thought it would be. I will be looking for a way to take some of the DB down. I cracked the throttle in the garage.... ouch! I live in a rural community with lots of trees to deaden the sound. I kept the bike under 2.2k while in the neighborhood. The wife could hear me from inside the house till I was ¼ a mile away. When I got on it to get into the flow of traffic at the main road she could heat that as well and that is right about a mile.

Looks. I am going to go back out and look at my bike for some quality "ME" time. Damn that’s one sexy machine.

overall, very happy

Last edited by troy.j; 12-06-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome home and thanks for protecting our freedom. I wish you and your's Happy Holiday's

Old 12-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Bagger Bleu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome home soldier.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:34 PM
robbie52
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 102 Posts

First of all I want to thank you for your service and glad to see you are home. I am looking at the same setup for my 09, I just don't want it to sound like drag pipes. How loud do the Bub 7s sound to you?-

Old 12-06-2009, 04:38 PM
highwayking
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Troy, I just ordered Bub 7 slip-ons for my 2007 CVO Ultra. I'm keeping the stock headers. I'm curious, what bike do you have? From everything I have read, the Bub 7s are quieter than Rineharts. Now I'm a little concerned after reading your post. I want to be able to hear the stereo at cruise. Hopefully, with the stock headers, mine won't be quite as loud as yours with the tru duals. BTW, welcome home. Enjoy the holidays and try to get a lot of riding in. You deserve it!

Old 12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
CLL375
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is all great information. I'm planning on installing the same thing on my 09 SG in a few weeks but I'm concerned about the sound as well. How do you plan on quieting it down?

Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome home. Isn't it nice to come home to a garage full of goodies.....

Old 12-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Lass7711
Tourer

Welcome home Troy. God bless you for your service and your family for their sacrifice. My son-in-law left today for a second tour in Iraq.

I installed the Bub 7s with the stock header. They hurt my ears and I took them off after a 15 mile test ride. A lot of people like them, but I couldn't handle them. I have a set of Jackpot Dyno Tuned now with the tunable quiet baffle. They have just the right amount of sound for me when I twist the throttle.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am running the Bub "7" 2 into 1 and I hate to tell you it gets louder with more miles. I don't think it real loud though. It's just right for me. I do roll my bike out to the street before firing it up in the morning.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:31 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master

Love my Bub 7 TDs (not the slip ons) - went with the black ceramic version and they look great and sound even better. When I roll the throttle to pass someone, I can see them look in the rear view mirror, so no worries about them changing lanes without knowing I'm there.

As the others have said, welcome home and thanks for your service. Glad you came home safe and can annoy your neighbors with your new pipes!

Quick Reply: bub-7, fuelmoto PC-V and cleaner.