Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bub-7, fuelmoto PC-V and cleaner.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:48 AM
troy.j
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all.

I ride an 08 Ultra.

I wouldn’t know how many DB the bike outs out. There was a time when I would have been happy to have a bike that sounded that good and was that loud. I guess I am getting old. LOL.

When standing 6 feet behind the bike when the rpms hit 3,000 it hurts my ears and I have significant hearing loss. Riding, the sound is back and I have no trouble hearing the radio.

As for how I will quiet it down, I am thinking of packing the baffles with glass wrap. I still need to do more reading on the subject first.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:21 PM
highwayking
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

To follow up on Troy's last reply and my earlier reply, I received my Bub 7s by UPS yesterday and within an hour I had them on. It was late when I finished so I decided to wait until today to take a test ride. When I started it up this morning, I was prepared for a ground shaking, thunderous roar. I was pleasantly surprised when it didn't sound that much different from the Supertrapp SEs I had on my old Road King. I did notice a significant difference in the sound from the stock mufflers, but that was expected. At 3,000 rpm the sound was a deep rumble, but not objectionably loud. I got up to 70 mph and could still hear the stereo fine. I have ridden two plus years with the stock mufflers on my 2007 CVO Ultra so I know after a few rides I won't notice the difference. Overall, I'm quite happy with the Bub 7s. Their finish is flawless and they really add to the overall looks of the bike, i.e. they don't look cheap. I definitely like the slash down that follows the lines of the saddlebags. If you're on the fence about getting Bubs, I think you will be pleased if you go with them. I bought mine from Phat Performance Parts. They had the best price I could find on the internet. I ordered them on Tuesday, Dec. 1 and got them at noon on Monday, Dec. 7.