Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 CVO Road King Dyno Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:40 AM
BamaHarleyDude
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 03 CVO Road King Dyno Numbers

I thought I would share with you guys the numbers my 03 SERK did on the Dyno yesterday at my local Harley shop ... first let me tell you what transpired ... My SERK had stock exhaust and I wanted the hog to sound like a Hog ... I also wanted the bike to be tuned and perform its best ..so I started doing some research for a new set of exhaust ... Rhieharts ...Hooker ..Vance & Hines ...all the high line exhaust ... I read the pros and cons for all of them and made my mind up to try the Rhineharts ...or at least I thought I had ...when I got out to my Harley deaer ( Rocket Harley Huntsville Alabama ) I talked to their Dyno guy to find out what his opinion was and he suprised me .. he told me that the Rhineharts were the worst duals on the market to try and tune ... what he recommended was even MORE suprising ... he actually talkes me out of spending $700.00 and tells me that all I need to do is to add a K&N air system (my bike already had the SE Race Tuner) ..use the stock header pipes and add a set of Rush slip ons or something simular ..he explained that the stock header pipes acted as a two into one system and duals would not improve the stock set up ... he told me he could get me about 95hp and 100 to 102 ft lbs of torque ... I said "well have at it" .... these are the numbers before and after the tune up ... I for one was very impressed with the numbers and I can assure you I can tell a LARGE difference in the torque ... I have to tell you I found it quite refreshing to have a Tech at a Harley shop to "down" sell me as opposed to "up" sell me ...... hope this might help others with their exhaust choices...

Bama

[IMG]Here are the numbers from my dyno visit ...I am running a SE race tuner ...stock header pipes and a K&N Air system ...and Rush slip on's

Dude

[/IMG]

Old 07-14-2006, 12:02 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 03 CVO Road King Dyno Numbers

My Tuner gets 111/101 with a 95 and 126/119 with a polished 103. Both with Rinehart True Duals and SE AC!

I'm taking my 06 SE Ultra down next week and putting Rinehart True duals on. I've got 1100 miles on it so I figure it's time to do something. By the time I get there it'll be around 2K. I'll add the Rineharts and an SE AC.

I'm also taking my 05 Ultra in and adding 510 cam. Expect to be in the 90's with it!

I can post the dnyo's on both when I get back.

Of course I'm using a SERT on both! Would never consider a Power Commanmder.

My tuner dialis it in usually in less than an hour. I do know that I scrapped a set of Hard-Krome T-Rex because of poor quality and inability to properly tune. But my Tuner has taken my 05 Ultra with SE AC and Rinehart 2:1 and produced 80/75 and my MPG averages in the mid to high 40's depnding on my riding habits.

I've had bad experiences with Dealers and tuning. Found a great tuner 750 miles from me but the results are truely amazing.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:08 PM
gasman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 03 SE Road King has the rinehart true duals, PC111 and Big sucker air cleaner and I dynoed at 102 HP and !06 ft/lbs torque. I'm confused about your tuners reccomendations.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:25 PM
zubaugh
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think his tuner just wanted him to save money!

Most Dealers cannot properly tune a SERT and rely on the PCIII because it's easier. Nothing wrong with the PC but if you want max power and performance the SERT has a greater tuning range. The big problem with the SERT is there are not that many tuners that understand how to properly use it.

I expect to be well over 100 on my 06 SE Ultra when I return next Sunday. Rinehart True Duals and SE AC.

Dyno numbers are nice to talk about but a good tuner can make almost anything. The proof is in the result. If Bama like what he's got then he's happy with less expense. Personally, after spending $34K for my ride, I'm not going to quibble over a few thousand more. I like the look and sound of the Rineharts.

I just hope I won't be disappointed.

ORIGINAL: gasman

My 03 SE Road King has the rinehart true duals, PC111 and Big sucker air cleaner and I dynoed at 102 HP and !06 ft/lbs torque. I'm confused about your tuners reccomendations.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:50 PM
callieblue
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds right on target!

Thats just what my tuner recommened for me to do. (not a HD guy) but it is good to hear they have some guys that really known what they are doing. I have the van hines true duals and my cyclinders bore to 95" with a tw6 cam and pcIII, and my result from dyno are 99 torque and 78 on the HP.

My tuner told me to get the original exhaust system and he could get both number up pass the in the high 90s, with rush slip ons.
So I do have my original exhaust but I must say I love the van hines true dual look and sound, but will change maybe next year, when I get the heads done.