Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The words... "I regret to inform you..."

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Nozzleman 216
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am so terribly sorry for your loss! Words cannot describe the emotions I felt when I clicked this thread. I knew what I was about to read. I know it doesn't need to be said but you and your family should be SO proud of the wonderful son you raised who selfishly served this great country! My families thoughts and prayers will be with you in this time of need.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:50 AM
73oldsman
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am so sorry for your loss. May God bless you and your family in your time of need. You are in my prayers.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:30 AM
DHart
Tourer

Sharon & I are overwhelmed by the outpouring of caring support you all have provided. This is such an incredible community of wonderful people, brought together by the love of Harleys!

You all have shined such brilliant light into our hearts... we cannot thank you enough for your kind, generous, and thoughtful posts... as I mentioned before, I've read them all, now some many times over. In the coming weeks Sharon will be able to spend more time doing so as well and I know that she will be overwhelmed yet again by your gracious humanity.

I will make another update or two as time goes on through the week. The greater Portland, OR community is likely to show an outpouring of support as you have done once the military press release hits in the next day or two. We have authorized a release of information with his name, so I think more information may be available via Google search by mid week or so. We have learned in the last day that Elijah John-Miles Rao has infinitely more friends and admirers than he had any idea of.

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Don & Sharon Hauerken

Old 12-07-2009, 01:55 AM
DHart
Tourer

A public funeral service will be held in Portland, OR at Lincoln Memorial Park (across from Willamette National Cemetary). Date yet to be determined. We want to invite any and all who may wish to attend to do so.

A few more pics

Last edited by DHart; 12-07-2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:35 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DHart

<Respectfully EDITED removing text to better reflect Don's related edit above.>

V/R
Steve

Last edited by RangeRat; 12-07-2009 at 04:39 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:53 AM
oinker02
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damnit! That sure is a fine looking young man. It seems we offer up our very best when we can least afford it. Our country needs him alive and back home. Just look at him....He is most perfect and should be here now.

We can't afford to lose young men like him.

This thread has made me cry.......Now I'm angry.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:41 AM
LTBiker
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Biker Brother & Your Family,

My heart and prayers go out to you in this difficult time of sorrow in losing your son. We are blessed to have men and women like him who risk - and give - their lives for our freedom. May GOD bless and comfort you in the times ahead.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:02 AM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thoughts...prayers....will wishes to you and the Family.

DHart,
I'm sure I speak for the Harley "family", that as Americans and patriots, we care about you and the tragic loss of your son. His noble deeds will always be remembered.
I meet these guys coming through here every day and pray they all come home safe...and inflict as much damage to the enemy as is required.

Many thanks for being the proud parent of a Military son.

Dex

Last edited by dohadex; 12-07-2009 at 05:03 AM. Reason: mispell
Old 12-07-2009, 05:58 AM
Sc0ut
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sincerest condolences.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:09 AM
akroguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How deeply painful this is to comprehend. You have lain upon the altar of freedom, your most cherished gift of your beautiful boy, born and raised in your loving care.

God Speed, Elijah. May you softly rest in eternal joy, love and kindness, and know full well your comrades miss you, your family, YOUR NATION, holds you dear to our hearts.

Peace....

Quick Reply: The words... "I regret to inform you..."