Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive fork cartridges..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:54 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Thank you Howard.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Fun to watch guys...

Last edited by Progressive Suspension; 12-10-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:35 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Progressive Suspension
Fun to watch guys...

Welcome to HDF!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:09 AM
schwangster
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This should get very interesting....
subscribed.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:35 AM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Howard,

calling me (or suggesting thatI am) a "liar" because I post my personal opinions (based on my personal experiences) on a forum, doesn't seem the best way to get business, and to me is out of line.

I currently have 14 motorcycles, (including 4 Harleys); most of them modified. Race bikes, sidecars, touring, etc. I ride 40k miles a year. I do have some idea of what suspension is and how it should feel. Everyone extrapolates their personal experiences to new issues. Sometimes correctly, sometimes incorrectly. That doesn't make them a liar or an idiot.

The purpose of "forums" is to exchange information. I realize you are doing that, but as a "sponser". Maybe that calls for more restraint?

Originally Posted by FastHarley
There seams to be many members who can not read or just wishes to make up their own statements as mine. This means lie. When you lie, you have no credibility.

Go back and read all of the original posts and keep in mind the time that they were altered. A few min, maybe spelling or typo’s, hours, than another story.
Below is what was printed. There is no mention of any of the BS that was stated by other members here. Blatant lies only!

My qualifications of machining or manufacturing, my work speaks for itself. I am a factory certified and factory trained Öhlins technician. I also manufacture my own brand of inverted forks. I am 62 years old and started mechanical drawing when I was in 8th grade, took a part time job in a friends machine shop when I was 16 years old, and starting building my own motorcycle from parts with no manual (they did not have them at that time). My present day motorcycle(s) (FXR) has only 2 major parts from Harley (in/out primary's) and my Bagger has 4, the (modified frame), (swing arm), & (in/out primary's). I made my own molds for the C/F wheels for both bikes (had them made by BST), and the list is too long...

I graduated as an Electrical Engineer after a run (volunteer) in Viet Nam in the Marines B-1-11 (1968~1969). I use to work for the Government in a Lab in NJ. I have always worked and built bikes as shown on my web site. In 1975 I won (First Place) all bike shows I ever entered including the first World of Wheels. I built the actual bike myself but had Tony Carlini paint it and Von Dutch engrave it. Rex Ramsey purchased Cranes Machine Shop once Cranes Cams moved to the next location in Hallandale, FL.

That gives me the qualifications to post (body) below. Reread my postings yourself. Compare than decide for yourself what was misquoted by others. This means LIES!

Post #6: I have never used any of the two above. I do know what is inside of a "for real set up" and you can never build a for real cartridge system using prison labor in China for that price. You will undoubtedly get what you pay for. Just like all suspension, those who compare a progressive anything and say it satisfies them, has absolutely no experience in anything else. Works, they are just OK but positively not world class.

In all fairness I have never ridden or have seen the two offerings but you just can not build a set for that money at the front door much less 45% off for dealers mark-up or more from Drag Specialties (Parts Unlimited). The next thing is where are you going to rebuild them once they wear out (everything wears out)?

Post #9: Sorry to go off subject of the OP. We need to make the fork caps which will be done right after the caliper mounts for the Öhlins. Machine time is backed up and hope to get it done. The 41 mm is very small and Öhlins does not make the caps. Machining in the compression valving and making them work will be easy but in order to make it work I need to buy 10 or sets of new take-off 2010 sliders (they fit all 41 mm fork tubes) because of machine set up time. No one does externally adjustable compression and spring pre-load

Post # 24: Last edited by FastHarley; 12-07-2009 at 10:09 AM. This was edited because of bad grammar and possible unseen spelling. The original content was not edited nor would anyone have time to read it since the change took place in one minute.

(rthomp159goes) you ride a set of Marzocch forks and have stated many times how much better they are on your bike. A set of Öhlins forks or the forks I make are many times better than the forks you have due to various reasons, most of those being what is in side of them (technology) and the high tolerance standards they are held to.

There are many solutions, not only from me, that give your bike a much better ride than stock. Of course HD could do it much better than I but they can sell sub-performance suspension to the masses and get 1) away with it, 2) Keep their profit margin/bottom line up

Post #42: If you wish to spend money on a Progressive product than do so. I would never nor am I ever going to do so. No one currently knows how their equipment will work and all is a guess. Öhlins charges $3,500 for their gas system and have been developing on it for several years to get it right.

You now can decide for yourself;
  1. Copy and paste all the brands that were suppose to have been trashed by other members who posted here. Where are they?
  2. Member gregbenner, (QUOTE) "I agree with your comments re: trashing other products, and particularly that noone has tried the progressve front cartridges" A synopsis of my postings are contained above. Where are they?
    1. Post #6: was the only mention of Progressive. Please copy and paste any other original posting I made on this. There is none!
  3. Leftcoaster you stated in post 56 “I too find it astonishing that a site sponsor would so blatantly trash competitors and direct offensive remarks toward potential customers. Those regrettable remarks appear to have been edited (to the credit of the writer) but exist they did.”
    1. Where are they? Are you going to lie and tell us that you were reading this post the exact minute I edited my post and it was changed to some other meaning? You are a **** stirrer, you are what you are (which is someone who lies!)
    2. Quote: "direct offensive remarks toward potential customers" You are not and never will be a potential customer. Do I make myself clear on this point?
  4. rthomp159goes There is no need to beat a dead horse.
I have no use for lairs or whinny *** little bitches (Member gregbenner this does not include you). Do I make myself clear?

This should be a forum for men/women who are interested in motorcycling and not drama queens (in my opinion). excluded & not meant in this)
Drama Queens please do not respond to my posts, just move on!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:39 AM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fun to watch guys...

Cool. Maybe you can answer the original post about fork cartridges. Can you point to any reviews you would like to share?

Old 12-10-2009, 01:36 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fun to watch guys...

Cool, thanks for chiming in.

Can you explain to us how you manage to make the cartridges so cheap? Are they rebuildable? What life have you got out of them in testing?

Old 12-10-2009, 02:45 PM
timjab
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribing

thank God for these B S sessions.
its good place to escape to when i cant stand to hear any more crap at work.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:51 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

All of this, .............and I only wish that I had the fork oil changed in my old '02 Ultra.

Old 12-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Mr. Messner (FastHarley):
What I don't understand is why you become so defensive when someone asks a question, disagrees with you or simply states their opinion. Or for that matter, why you then go on the offensive with a personal diatribe that stops just short of disparaging someones heritage.
You continue to defend these offensive comments and others directed towards your competition - such as implying that Progressive uses Chinese prison labor to manufacture their products (you can't be serious). And this you do on the very forum your potential customers read.
As an owner/operator of a successful construction company for nearly 30 years I can assure you that this is not the way to winning customers. With all due respect, isn't it time to pull in the reins a little?

Quick Reply: Progressive fork cartridges..