Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive fork cartridges..

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 09:56 AM
marcparnes
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of Works Performance cartridges installed that I'm testing. Stay tuned for a report.

Marc

Old 12-24-2009, 12:14 PM
HamsGlide
Cruiser

Damn! Took me about an hour to read this entire thread! Would like to hear from Progressive Suspension about their lineup and from marcparnes after a good ride with the Works catridges installed. And anyone else who has used the progressive bits.

I've only had my RG for a few months and the stock suspension is mediocre at best. I'm sure for the mass of the folks that own HD's that just take the bike out for the weekend a couple of times a year, the stock setup will do. However, I'm gonna have to save up a few more pennies and maybe next year, I'll give you a call Howard. Got my eyes set on the Ohlins or is it my *** that will appreciate it more? For now, I'll be working on brakes and will be soon installing the Brembo's. Can't wait for the Brembo's.

I ride aggressive, both at slow and high speeds and most importantly, a set of suspension components that can keep up with me during that fast to slow transition would be nice.

subscribed

Old 12-24-2009, 05:04 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default Rotors & adapters are in.

Les, I just got your 320 mm rotors and adapters in. I have a bunch of Gloss Black Powder Coating being done. I will throw your calipers and adapters in with them. I know that you wanted black but all of the Brembos are Gold. I will pay for it if you send me a photos of them. The Brembo Calipers did not get here yet. I hope next week, have a Merry Christmas. At least you have a little snow in MD. In Fort Lauderdale it is very warm, T-Shirt weather at night!

Last edited by FastHarley; 12-24-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Add Photo
Old 12-25-2009, 09:41 PM
RonWa
1st Gear
Default Monotube

I was hoping to find someone who has tried to Progressive Monotube as well. somebody needs to go first

Old 12-25-2009, 10:17 PM
langhammx
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marcparnes
I have a set of Works Performance cartridges installed that I'm testing. Stay tuned for a report.

Marc
give us your honest, 1-10 scale, considering the stock stuff is around a 5 (at best).....

Old 12-25-2009, 10:30 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by langhammx
give us your honest, 1-10 scale, considering the stock stuff is around a 5 (at best).....
I think you're being generous. I'd give the stock shocks, front and rear, no more than a 4.

In the old days everyone used to say the baggers rode like a Cadillac but nowadays I think they ride like a low rider car with the hydraulics set to bottom compared to the old days. The air shocks are a huge drop in a quality ride compared to even the "old" shocks.

The bike in this pic rode better with aftermarket spring shocks than either of the two Electra Glides (99 and 00) I've had since then. That's frickin' sad. Even 2 up.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BoomerBob
I think you're being generous. I'd give the stock shocks, front and rear, no more than a 4.

In the old days everyone used to say the baggers rode like a Cadillac but nowadays I think they ride like a low rider car with the hydraulics set to bottom compared to the old days. The air shocks are a huge drop in a quality ride compared to even the "old" shocks.

The bike in this pic rode better with aftermarket spring shocks than either of the two Electra Glides (99 and 00) I've had since then. That's frickin' sad. Even 2 up.

DAMN fine Shovelhead there!!!!!!!!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:03 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gilbos440rt
DAMN fine Shovelhead there!!!!!!!!
Thanks much. I rode it for 12 years, 3 top end's and 2 bottom end's. I only made one mistake with it. I had the heads polished. It didn't like to start on the first kick after that. I ended up putting an electric start on it. It was about time for one at the time anyway.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:32 PM
langhammx
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marcparnes

Marc
Well, do you have an opinion on the fork kit yet? The weather has been really nice, I'm sure that you have been riding a few timew by now...

Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
marcparnes
Road Captain

I've had 3 different setups so far of theirs. Currently I have it back to stock. I am not convinced there is enough of a benefit in the '09 to make it worth the effort and expense. It did make it handle slightly better but deteriorated the freeway ride. They would like me to try it again but I'm not sure I'm going to. I can do it pretty fast now, within an hour, but its not easy and each time I take the chance of scratching the fender and the fairing's inner black painted parts. I just haven't decided but I hate to disappoint the engineer I've been working with. He's a really nice guy and is trying really, really hard. I don't know...

Marc

Quick Reply: Progressive fork cartridges..