Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive fork cartridges..

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:34 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
Mr. Messner (FastHarley):
What I don't understand is why you become so defensive when someone asks a question, disagrees with you or simply states their opinion. Or for that matter, why you then go on the offensive with a personal diatribe that stops just short of disparaging someones heritage.
You continue to defend these offensive comments and others directed towards your competition - such as implying that Progressive uses Chinese prison labor to manufacture their products (you can't be serious). And this you do on the very forum your potential customers read.
As an owner/operator of a successful construction company for nearly 30 years I can assure you that this is not the way to winning customers. With all due respect, isn't it time to pull in the reins a little?
You didnt read Howards post correctly. He isnt trying to win any customers at all. He doesnt need you, me or anyone else to be a customer. If people want "the best" they can go and talk to him. He will talk back, explain why his products are what you should buy and answer any question you ask. If people dont want "the best" they can go and get farked.

Its an interesting approach, but easy to understand. Got it now??

He didnt accuse them of using chineese prison labour, BTW, he said that he couldnt get a set of cartridges made for that price even if he used chineese prison labour, his implication was that the cost of the materials in a pair of cartridge shocks is more than $400.

Personally I want the best, so I intend to buy from him. If you dont then dont bother commenting, cause you aint gonna change him.

Howard is one of those people who are fortunate enough to be able to set their own rules in buisness. At my previous job in underground coal mining I came across people like him. They were absolute masters at what they did. There was one guy who was a hydraulics expert who was the only guy around who could get an ABM 20 continuous miner singing like a bird. He charged twice the rate of anyone else, he was a complete ***** to work with and regularly told everyone in management they were complete ***** and farkwits.

He was a multimillionaire and never had to work a day in his life.

My point is that if you are good you have to be nice to people. If you are brilliant then you dont have to give a sheet about anyone.

I wish I was brilliant, but I am just good. I suspect you are the same.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:40 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior

The above is just my opinion on Howard, BTW, I have never met him and dont want to appear to be putting words in his mouth.

Thats just my 2c, my view of his posts on here.

In all my private correspondence with him (lots of emails over quite a few weeks) he has been nothing but "nice" and totally professional.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty lively bunch. For us manufacturers, forums are a bit like being able to read the minds of our market. Sometimes it’s very scary for us and more often than not active participation only makes it more frightening, so everybody take a deep breath and relax here, I’ll get back to you with more Monotube Fork Cartridge info!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:06 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Progressive Suspension
Pretty lively bunch. For us manufacturers, forums are a bit like being able to read the minds of our market. Sometimes it’s very scary for us and more often than not active participation only makes it more frightening, so everybody take a deep breath and relax here, I’ll get back to you with more Monotube Fork Cartridge info!
Geez, not sure you wanna go reading our minds.

Some pretty scary stuff in between my ears, I must say. Proceed at your own risk.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:10 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Progressive Suspension
Cool. That's what this thread is all about in the first place.

The good news is some us of found out about the high end shocks for Electra Glide's (Ohlin's) and we really want to learn more about other manufacture's for both the rear shocks and the front fork's.

I wish HD's came with better suspension but until they do I guess we need to look elsewhere, aye.

That's where you folks come in to help us out.

We've seen the hype. We just want to know the truth.

This isn't a contest. This is about those of us who love to ride to find the best shock we can at the best price we can.

So ... howabout those Padre's ...

Old 12-11-2009, 12:29 AM
max56
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
You didnt read Howards post correctly. He isnt trying to win any customers at all. He doesnt need you, me or anyone else to be a customer. If people want "the best" they can go and talk to him. He will talk back, explain why his products are what you should buy and answer any question you ask. If people dont want "the best" they can go and get farked.

Its an interesting approach, but easy to understand. Got it now??

He didnt accuse them of using chineese prison labour, BTW, he said that he couldnt get a set of cartridges made for that price even if he used chineese prison labour, his implication was that the cost of the materials in a pair of cartridge shocks is more than $400.

Personally I want the best, so I intend to buy from him. If you dont then dont bother commenting, cause you aint gonna change him.

Howard is one of those people who are fortunate enough to be able to set their own rules in buisness. At my previous job in underground coal mining I came across people like him. They were absolute masters at what they did. There was one guy who was a hydraulics expert who was the only guy around who could get an ABM 20 continuous miner singing like a bird. He charged twice the rate of anyone else, he was a complete ***** to work with and regularly told everyone in management they were complete ***** and farkwits.

He was a multimillionaire and never had to work a day in his life.

My point is that if you are good you have to be nice to people. If you are brilliant then you dont have to give a sheet about anyone.

I wish I was brilliant, but I am just good. I suspect you are the same.
Your assessment of Howard was impressive. That's the same impression I get of him, but I don't think I could have illustrated it quite as well as you did. Howard is definitely his own man. When he speaks suspension..I want to hear what he has to say. I may have to put on my flame retardant suit to hear it...but it's worth it.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:53 AM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm just a typical home garage wrench spinner but I am old school so I can relate to people like Howard easily. I guess you could say they speak my language and visa versa. It's not a contest.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:21 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kingkingking
In all my private correspondence with him (lots of emails over quite a few weeks) he has been nothing but "nice" and totally professional.
My experience exactly. I have also spend most of an hour talking to him on the phone while finalising my order.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:33 AM
CROWLEY
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I´m very pleased with my 440 shocks (price / quality excellent). I go to the 31-2500 and I hope I'll get what I expect.

Last edited by CROWLEY; 12-16-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:47 AM
lv2ride56
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooooo, bottom line. Has anyone tried the monotube yet?

Quick Reply: Progressive fork cartridges..