Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Eagle in N. Texas

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 04:15 PM
AlleyKatt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my bike from their sister store North Texas HD in Carrolton (Just south of Corinth). I have had service at Am. Eagle. I have had great experience with both stores. I actually needed some work the day before leaving for the Texas Rot Rally. Am. Eagle worked me in and treated me right.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:32 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I deal with N TX Harley closer to town along I-35. They are owned by the same people...I've had good experiences at N Texas for the most part. A few minor issues with the service dept, but nothing major. Living in Dallas, I can't say I've ever heard anything negative about Amer Eagle.

My lone experience dealing with Amer Eagle was when I called looking for a left side chrome toolbox for my Deluxe...they didn't have it in stock, but Luis, the parts guy, offered to get it in. I declined since I preferred finding one in stock and getting it quickly, plus, it's a long drive out there and I figured if I had to order it, I'd have my Dealer order one for me. Well, he then offered to check stock in Texas and told me there was one in San Antonio and 1 in Houston. I decided to go ahead and order through him (and not Chicago HD) because, after all, the guy went above and beyond what my Dealer did or has ever offered. He did nothing heroic, mind you, but I've found, in this day and age, indifference seems to prevail when it comes to sales help & I figured his efforts deserved having me throw some business his way. Besides, it gave me a good excuse to ride up there. Oh yeah, I just remembered...one of the parts guys at my store, the one I usually avoid, said "Fine, I don't care" when I said I was going to see if one of the other area Dealers had it in stock since I was in a hurry to get it installed!

My Deluxe, which I recently picked up, came from a guy that purchased it from Amer Eagle. They also did all the engine upgrades for him... SE, Stage II, CNC ported heads, the list goes on. He was complimentary of them and could have just as easily purchased from N Texas. Also, interesting to note, he moved from Frisco to McKinney and the Allen store would've been much more convenient for him, but he continued to work with Amer Eagle. I've been up there a few times and had a good feeling about them.

Welcome to Texas!

Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
Cool. That would be quite a ride from where I'll be (probably in or around Pilot Point), but hey I'm up for it!

Pretty area....rode through there a few weekends ago winding my way to Muenster.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:42 PM
exemexer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe the next nearest to Corinth would be the Carrollton store HD of NORTH TEXAS on I 35 just north of Dallas (south of Corinth), good guys there.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Kevin's_09FXDF
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FLHTCU Owner
The wifey and I will be moving to Texas soon (not soon enough), and the American Eagle dealership in Corinth will be the closest dealer. Anyone have experiences (good, bad, indifferent) with this dealer?
welcome to texas! American Eagle is a great dealer! and ten minutes down the road is its sister dealer North Texas HD they are both owned by the same person not a corpration like some dealers down here.
since they are owned by the same person the operate with the same great princepals. If you ever want to purchase a bike may I suggest
Chris McCollister from North Texas hd he can work with you any bike from both dealers i think. we purchased 3 bike from him.

Also if you venture off to another dealer stay far far away from the one in ALLEN

Old 12-02-2009, 10:35 PM
ssfirefighter
Tourer

I have had no better service, sales, parts department or help than I have a North Texas Harley in Carrolton. And I have been through alot of dealers.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:56 PM
TMM
Advanced

Going in the other direction, (and missing all the dang traffic of the DFW MetroMess), Texoma H-D in Sherman is a good place too. Hwy377N to Hwy82E. About a 30 minute ride or so.

Be sure and check out Flying Tire Motorcycle in Keller, (or Ft. Worth), too. Good Indy.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

All good info. Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting down there. Looks to me like there's some great riding to be had - as long as it's away from 35. Too much traffic for me there.

The wife is an avid horse person, so that makes me one by proxy. I'm good with that. There's nothing more serene than horses grazing on your patch of land. Plus, mucking stalls keeps a person pretty well grounded.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:09 AM
txspringer
Cruiser

Bought my 09 Ultra Classic from them and got a great deal. Always been treated good and
parts and service people are excellent. Welcome to Texas!

Old 12-03-2009, 12:29 PM
GTcapt
Novice

I use to live in that area, 19 years. Bought one bike from Lee Woods, American Eagle now and two from AE, SC Fat Boy and an Ultra. I live in the Atlanta area now, dealers are good but NO comparison to the service and love you will get at American Eagle, Brian is great to deal with. They have a great and very active HOG group, dont miss joining them. You will hook up with some of the best peole in TX. Good luck with the move.