Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV with 2 maps AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010 | 07:14 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

bump....

Old 03-10-2010 | 11:02 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by papifun
hi guys.. need help.. i have my PCV pulled off my bike, tried to program the 2 maps as per Jamie's instructions.. i know i have wires correctly connected to the 2 MAP section with a SPST switch, i was able to send 2 maps, but when i flip switch, current Map on right of screen stays to #1... does the PCV need to be connect to the bike and scoot running to see the current Map got from 1 to 2 when switch is flipped.. i confirmed switch does open and close with DMM on PVC connection... pls help...
My PVC version is 1.02.. does this have anything to do with it ?
reason i have it pulled of scoot, i removed it in the fall when brought scoot for oil change due to it still being under warranty.
You may need to call Jamie about this, but I seem to recall that the original firmware (1.0.2 IIRC) does not have the map-switch feature available. I would install the newest FW (1.4) and newest software together. Note that there is some indication the newest FW isn't compatible with older software, and/or vice versa, so keep these two together.

I use AT and the map-switch feature works different than the basic PCV, toggling from open- to closed-loop instead of using two distinctly different maps. So I can't say if you can switch between map #1 and #2 in the software, especially with that the old FW and SW.

Last edited by iclick; 03-10-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2010 | 07:10 PM
rshwetz
Cruiser
Default Map Switch

map will only switch with bike running. To check without bike running turn power on so fuel pump runs and check map. then switch maps and there is no change, turn bike off and on again and other map will load. or try on the computer the same way it may work using the usb power not being connected to bike.

Old 03-10-2010 | 07:27 PM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior

for those of you that run a second "lean" map, where did you get it? Sounds like iclick did his own. I'm not comfortable doing that, at least not yet. I've just installed mine, and it's running the map that Jaime sent. I haven't hooked it up to my computer at all. That part doesn't actually scare me, but getting the right settings does.

Old 03-10-2010 | 09:21 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

i got response from Jamie - below is his reply. FM has amazing after sales service. wouldnt go with anyone else.
i am going to start up my bike in 2-3 weeks after a long winter... then test it out..
iclick ure amazing with ure knowledge. always like ure replies on forum.

from Jamie.
I would update the firmware V01.3.9 and you will need to have the PC installed on the bike and powered to see the switch change map positions.

Thank you.........Jamie

Old 03-10-2010 | 09:22 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by AtticusFinch
for those of you that run a second "lean" map, where did you get it? Sounds like iclick did his own. I'm not comfortable doing that, at least not yet. I've just installed mine, and it's running the map that Jaime sent. I haven't hooked it up to my computer at all. That part doesn't actually scare me, but getting the right settings does.
email Jamie - as long as u purchased from FM, he will help. i included my invoice # to speed the process...