Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV with 2 maps AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010 | 08:58 AM
scottdoege
Tourer
Default ACC Switch

ICLICK,

I am going to wire the PCV to my ACC switch. Since you said that you should not have power running to the switch, do you just disconnect the black wire? That would leave the two orange wires, am I correct?

Then under the seat I would connect the PCV to the two orange wires on the ACC plug?

Any help would be appreciated. And once again thanks for your two maps.

Thanks,

Scott

Old 02-09-2010 | 09:45 AM
cosshog
Tourer

Ok I added a se255 cam earlier this year. Jamie sent me 2 more maps that seem to be as good as the others (only got to ride about 60 miles and now am under a lot of snow) is there a advantage (better performance, gas mileage, etc.) to adding AT if both maps seem to work good. Could put the money else where if it is not that big of a difference.

Thanks for the help this has been a good thread

Old 02-09-2010 | 12:52 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by harleyman1340
First let me congragulate you on your win yesterday.

We're still giddy about that down here, and NOLA is prepping for a big parade today. They love parades and parties down there, of course, and with Mardi Gras coming they may set some sort of record this year. NOLA, especially the French Quarter, was really hopping Sunday night.

As far as being elegant, I'm planning on going to Daytona and plan on contacting Fuel Moto to see if they can provide suggestions to change my map for riding in traffic on Main Street. I'll just tuck the wires out of the way till I get to Daytona, then when I get there I'll hang them out in front of the seat so I can just reach down and either connect or disconnect them when I get to Main Street.
Daytona can be brutal with its slow traffic, especially downtown, and I would install an oil cooler on your bike before going there if you don't have one already. The standard FM map should be about right for cooling, although I've recently set my base map to 13.5 in the cruise range, so when I toggle to open-loop it runs much richer than normal. That should be about right for cooling, but mileage will suck. I still have 14.5-14.6 in the cruise range for closed-loop mode.

Last edited by iclick; 02-09-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-09-2010 | 02:12 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by scottdoege
I am going to wire the PCV to my ACC switch. Since you said that you should not have power running to the switch, do you just disconnect the black wire? That would leave the two orange wires, am I correct?
O/R - 12V constant (ignition on only)
O - 12V only when switch is on
Blk - Ground

If you are using the connector under the seat, the easy way to deal with this is to just remove the P&A fuse. On my '07 it only feeds the ACC switch, and although I doubt if it is different with other year models it wouldn't hurt to check your wiring diagram. If you want to activate the switch again some day all you have to do is replace the fuse. Don't connect the PCV with the fuse installed! See attached diagram.

Then under the seat I would connect the PCV to the two orange wires on the ACC plug?
Connect to the O and O/R wires at the connector to the PCV.

Attached Thumbnails PCV with 2 maps AGAIN-harley-acc-pcv-switch.jpg  

Last edited by iclick; 09-06-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2010 | 05:34 PM
harleyman1340
Cruiser

Iclick,

I like that idea. Simple, clean and convient. I just have to make sure somebody doesn't accidentally put the fuse back in.

Old 02-09-2010 | 06:17 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by harleyman1340
Iclick,

I like that idea. Simple, clean and convient. I just have to make sure somebody doesn't accidentally put the fuse back in.
I made the diagram based on my '07 service manual, so after removing the fuse put a voltmeter on the O and O/R wires when the ignition switch is on, just to be sure. Make sure you don't have 12V on either pin. I can't say for sure that other models won't have different circuitry, but I would bet they do.

Last edited by iclick; 02-12-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 02-13-2010 | 11:36 AM
harleyman1340
Cruiser

Iclick,

I took your suggestion and I'm trying to hook up my PCV so I can switch maps using my ACC switch. I went to the local dealership and got a plug and pins so I could hook my PCV to the ACC plug in front of the battery. I made the plug and with the fuse still in I used my volt meter to detemine which wires I need to hook up to my PCV. Then I took the fuse out and rechecked the voltage with my volt meter. I'm still getting 0.05 volts at my plug with the fues out. Will this still work and will this hurt the PCV. Also which map is used by the PCV when the circuit is open.

Thanks

Sonny

Old 03-06-2010 | 11:08 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member

hi guys.. need help.. i have my PCV pulled off my bike, tried to program the 2 maps as per Jamie's instructions.. i know i have wires correctly connected to the 2 MAP section with a SPST switch, i was able to send 2 maps, but when i flip switch, current Map on right of screen stays to #1... does the PCV need to be connect to the bike and scoot running to see the current Map got from 1 to 2 when switch is flipped.. i confirmed switch does open and close with DMM on PVC connection... pls help...
My PVC version is 1.02.. does this have anything to do with it ?
reason i have it pulled of scoot, i removed it in the fall when brought scoot for oil change due to it still being under warranty.

Old 03-07-2010 | 09:26 AM
redhwk44
Road Master

Tag.

Usefull info.

Old 03-07-2010 | 10:03 AM
rshwetz
Cruiser
Default Pcv

I have the same issue. waiting for riding season before installing 2-3 weeks. I think the unit needs to be powered from the ecm for the map switch to work. Both maps are loaded but the switch does not switch views to the other map when powered from the puter and not connected to the ecm. I hope this is the case.

Quick Reply: PCV with 2 maps AGAIN