Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True dual loss of torque, put to bed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:17 AM
Varooom
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default True dual loss of torque, put to bed!!!!

06 EG standard (now Doug custom). Bone stock 61 hp and 70 ft lb tq, carb bike. Installed Bubs cross dresser duals, and Rush mufflers with 2.5 inch baffels.
Hp is now 68 and 79 ft lb torque. 70 ft lb torque at 2300 rpm, holds over 70 until 5k. Gas milage did not change, still averaging 45.
Same dyno and operator, runs were about a month and 1000 miles apart. Weather was the same, lower 90s, 90 something humidity (ya Im in Florida).
Still running stock air filter. Only changes to carb was idle mix adjustment. With a free flowing air filter and jet kit the numbers should get even better.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to dispell the mith that true duals kills torque. The dyno does not lie.

Ride safe,

Doug

PS: pic is before exhaust change

Name:  100_0563.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  111.8 KB

Old 07-13-2006, 11:35 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: True dual loss of torque, put to bed!!!!

Ya don't have to convince me, now you'll see how much more fun the bike can be. Why no high flow air kit? Nice clean bike BTW, got that Streetglide look goin' on.[]

Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's nice to see some numbers posted with respect to the various modifications people make. It keeps the emotion out of the discussion.

Good luck with the bike, looks great.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:00 PM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You're not running straight pipes, you have baffles that break up reversion in the exhaust. There is a difference. You can get even better performance using 2 into 1 and baffled. but it looks funny on a bagger. Something about duals on a bagger.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:11 PM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[sm=deadhorse.gif] Are we going to have one of these posts everyday?

Old 07-13-2006, 12:41 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

Hey Greg, ya never know, maybe you'll get converted and pull the trigger on a set, one of these days. Hardest part is getting the stockers off. Gotta love the daily entertaining dual threads!

Old 07-13-2006, 02:54 PM
cincypiper
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

You're not running straight pipes, you have baffles that break up reversion in the exhaust. There is a difference. You can get even better performance using 2 into 1 and baffled. but it looks funny on a bagger. Something about duals on a bagger.
Well, I for one don't think 2 into 1 pipes look funky on a bagger. I chose the 2 into 1 for the performance reason, and also because I'd seen enough 2 into 1's on this board that look really sweet.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Isshinryu
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my 2 into 1 on my street glide. I like the look, the sound, the performance, and my left bag stays nice and cool!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/6262/B121C9F2B918470D9F70E2533E1690B7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
Varooom
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

My post is by no means slamming 2 into 1 pipes. If you got that impression I apologize. There is no dout that a performance 2 into 1 exhaust system will make more power and torque than true duals.
My point is that most people running the stock exhaust head pipes that do not want to go to a 2 into 1 were afraid that if they swapped to a true dual setup (from factory bagger duals) would loose torque. These dyno runs prove that no power is lost when going from a stock dual to a true dual setup. Actually both HP and TQ go up.
Thats all I'm saying. This has nothing to do with a performance 2 into 1 exhaust system.

BTW 100thrk, I made the topic of the post very specific. If you are tired of "true dual" posts, why open it? Daahhhaaa!

Bountyhunter, just havent had time for the AC and carb tuning. Doing that this weekend. Thanks for your input, always appreciated.

Knees in the breeze,

Doug

Old 07-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Isshinryu
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't think you were slamming 2 into 1. I had true duals on my road king and really liked them. And yes duals over stock anytime. I just like to run my fingers about my supertrapp!! A cool left bag....think about it.

Quick Reply: True dual loss of torque, put to bed!!!!