Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009 | 10:36 PM
ENTERPRISE
|
Tourer
Default power duals

to those that have the power duals by v&h do you like them and did they give you good performance for the money.no one around here has them and dealer has'nt installed any.i like the looks of them but was wondering if they where worth the money for performance over the stock head pipes.plus my choices are narrow for my bike,09 rg.doesn't seem to be much out there for head pipes.

Old 11-28-2009 | 10:06 AM
bob2002
Road Master
Default Powerduals

I have them and the exhaust note is different with them,much better looking in person then pictures show,way better then stock. I had them installed with cams so I don't have a # for T& HP,just guessing I would say an increase of 4-5 HP,3-4 on T.The CVO site has a member that did a before and after dyno run and it showed a nice increase,

Old 11-28-2009 | 10:13 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

A mechanic at our shop put these V&H Power Duals on his '07 with minimal fabrication after changing out the V&H '09 True dual setup he had also fabricated. He has the Supertrapp SE slipons with the Power Dual header and it sounds FANTASTIC!!!!

If the FatCat I just purchased doesn't work out due to noise or sound, I'm going to put the Power Dual setup on my bike. It sounded that good!

Old 11-28-2009 | 10:35 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by bob2002
I have them and the exhaust note is different with them,much better looking in person then pictures show,way better then stock. I had them installed with cams so I don't have a # for T& HP,just guessing I would say an increase of 4-5 HP,3-4 on T.The CVO site has a member that did a before and after dyno run and it showed a nice increase,
Do you have a link to the CVO guy's post?

I have the Power Duals. I'm not sure if they are all that...I think I was expecting more. My numbers are ok, but my tuner (at the HD dealership) cant get my set-up dialed in. It's been in 3 times now and he knew I'd be bringing it in for the 4th time. He tried explaining it, but it's all greek to me.

Anyway, I think if I were to do it all over again, I would go with Jamie's header pipe (especially if he did a comparison between the 2). I like the fact that I can keep it look stock as much as possible (performance wise)...kinda like a sleeper.

Old 11-28-2009 | 10:42 AM
phattey
Cruiser

cvoharley.com

Old 11-28-2009 | 11:13 AM
bob2002
Road Master

Originally Posted by brypink
Do you have a link to the CVO guy's post?

I have the Power Duals. I'm not sure if they are all that...I think I was expecting more. My numbers are ok, but my tuner (at the HD dealership) cant get my set-up dialed in. It's been in 3 times now and he knew I'd be bringing it in for the 4th time. He tried explaining it, but it's all greek to me.

Anyway, I think if I were to do it all over again, I would go with Jamie's header pipe (especially if he did a comparison between the 2). I like the fact that I can keep it look stock as much as possible (performance wise)...kinda like a sleeper.
Maybe its the guy doing the tuning

Old 11-28-2009 | 11:15 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Old 11-28-2009 | 11:44 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Ya think?!

Old 11-28-2009 | 11:46 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by phattey
cvoharley.com
I was hoping the other guy would have been a little more specific, but thanks anyway.

Old 11-28-2009 | 03:49 PM
davewear
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE
to those that have the power duals by v&h do you like them and did they give you good performance for the money.no one around here has them and dealer has'nt installed any.i like the looks of them but was wondering if they where worth the money for performance over the stock head pipes.plus my choices are narrow for my bike,09 rg.doesn't seem to be much out there for head pipes.
performance wise you probably wont do much better than the stock '09 headpipes. the power duals or the set-up from fuel moto might give ya a couple extra hp/tq at best. is it worth it? your call. personally i am considering one of those 2 when i do my 103 kit. my stock headpipes have the cat in them and from what i have read, once you have a motor capable of 90+ hp the cats become a limmiting factor.....

Quick Reply: power duals