Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When ? Road Glide Ultra or Limited ? Ever ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts
Default When ? Road Glide Ultra or Limited ? Ever ?

I've been seriously looking at HD MoCo bikes for over 1 year, and finally figured out which model I like... that isn't built (yet)

How about a CVO Road Glide Custom set up like the CVO Ultra (with the stock equipment being fully loaded)

Kinda like the the Ultra built with the Road Glide Front End and all the included accessories, and removable tour pak (vs optional, for $36000 it should be standard amoung other things).
Best of both worlds.
I'm a shark nose fan. and I like all the bells & whistles.

Just saying ...

btw - why is the CVO Ultra about $5000 more than the CVO Street Glide, or 09 CVO Road Glide ? How much more is offered ? Thats alot more money for ... you tell me ? Tour Pak and related electrics ... extra head lights ... $5000 worth ? The 2010 EG Ultra is only $2000 more than the EG Classic.

btw - 2010 Ultra 103 Limited has heated grips and 80 watt stereo .... and the 2010 ultra CVO 110 has heated grips & seat, and a 40 watt stereo - true ?

I can settle for a Road Glide CVO 110 (just kidding, who wouldn't except the shark haters), a Road Glide 103 Limited would be nice too, if it existed.

Build it, and they will buy it !

HD - Nice Bikes but High Prices

I know - Build your own - Not likely for me anyway ...
Enough complaining, I need to just buy one ... soon

Old 11-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Craig4711a
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 road glide, and love it. If you go CVO that is all the bells and whistles. If you need them, get them.....otherwise save the $$ and put whatever mods you want with the saved cash. It's your money and your choice.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:54 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm done buying a new bagger until the RG comes out equipped like an ultra. If/when they do that I'll buy a new one.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Cosmic Charlie
Elite HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

just found this at CVOHARLEY.COM

"the CVO Ultra has an amp under the tour pack that doubles the output of the regular Ultra and the CVO Ultra stereo also comes standard with navi and satelite."

always learning

that info I cannot find in the Harley Web site, is it there ?

Old 11-28-2009, 12:19 AM
DHart
Tourer

I'm really surprised that the Ultra and Electra models are NOT based on Road Glide frame-mounted fairings. That makes to most sense to me. The ULTIMATE HD touring bike should have a frame-mounted fairing (ala Road Glide) not a batwing!

I think the moco may come to it's senses and build the ultimate maxed-out touring H-D and it will be a Road Glide, doctored up with full hard lowers, full size tour pak, all the geezey stuff they can tack onto a Road Glide base. And I think such a bike will quickly be recognized as, truly, the ultimate H-D touring bike.

Last edited by DHart; 11-28-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:52 AM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Really Ah hahahahahahahahahaha Oh my Gut ahahahahaha. Yor best bet for a fixed fairing and all the rest is a_______.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:04 AM
DHart
Tourer

Oh ripper, as for myself, I'm not hankerin' nor holding my breath for anything. At present I could not be happier than I am with my 2010 FLTRX! It's the sweetest H-D I can imagine! But I think those who love the all-out, full-on dresser/tourers would really appreciate an Ultra Road Glide!

Last edited by DHart; 11-28-2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:44 AM
gene01
Road Captain

I think the batwing provides better wind protection than the roadglides frame mounted smaller protection area.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:34 AM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..wait until Jan..I read somewhere, where they are coming out with just what you're looking for..no BS..

Old 11-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

Personally speaking, I would not buy a CVO no matter what the model. You are paying a very high premium for the bike first off and secondly if you park 3 of them side by side, thy are all look alike bikes. I'd personally buy a non-cvo model, save a bunch of cash and make it my own with mods that I want. Just not into cookie cutter CVO's. NO offense to anyone who owns them, just my personal choice is all I'm sayin!

Quick Reply: When ? Road Glide Ultra or Limited ? Ever ?