Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIIIusb Map

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:21 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default PCIIIusb Map

I know people pay allot of money to get their custom maps made, and I too have paid for dyno time so I feel your pain.

With that said, I'm looking to see if anyone has a custom map for this setup -

'05 touring model
S/E or Big Sucker air cleaner
'06 Rinehart True Duals full system
stock ECM
stock motor

If you have this setup, and have had a custom map made up.......can you email it to me so I can compare it to the map I'm running now. Also, if you have a dyno chart to send that would be great too.

Thanks,

Steve

maineultraclassic@hotmail.com

Old 07-12-2006, 10:28 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PCIIIusb Map

Hey Steve, how close is the map .. M807-175.. '05 stock ECM, air kit, Rineharts? Was your custom map tuned from that? That's gotta be dialed pretty close.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:13 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

That is the map the dyno guy started at, and he played with it a bit and got a little bit out of it.

I don't consider what I have a custom map, he didn't spend 2-3 hours on it working it perfect. He spent about an hour or so and did about 10 runs, and got it to where he was happy and I was happy (at the time).

I would really like to get it done "right", but I hate to spend $300 for a complete custom map only to change something next year and have to do it again.

Terminal Velocity II is looking better and better all the time.

Steve

Old 07-12-2006, 11:48 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

i feel the same way,. have you been to the dynojet sight to find a certified tuner in your area. my area has about 20 listings and only one of them had the TL software. i called the guy and he sid $250 and if im not happy he will return my money, he guaranteed noticibly more horse and torque and much better fuel mileage. he said hes never had 1 complaint. most dynojet tuners just do it like we do. they take a class and screw with the canned map a little. the tuners that have the right software, actually give you a whole different map. he said when hes done the bike will perform perfect for the setup. i still am not going to him cause i have a sert in the box new also. im getting that dynoed because im not taking any chances with my pcIII going out, like on a long trip or something . the sert does not stay on the bike, and its supposably more tunable. i think that part is horsesh!% ive seen great #s on here with both. im just going with the sert cause its the same price to get dynoed and i can still sell the pcIII. and i payed about the same for both.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:51 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

hey steve, at the powercommander sight there were 3 different facilities in maine that had the correct software to get a custom map.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:01 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member

Yes, I know all 3 of them.

Big Moose HD - $250 starting
Custom Hawg - $325 starting
Moto Milano - deals with Ducatis and rice rockets, not really a HD place.

I haven't heard anything good about tuning about any of them, and I also haven't heard anything bad either.

The guy I went to has been to Dynojet for the class and everything, he just doesn't do custom maps like I read about on here.

Steve

Old 07-13-2006, 12:07 AM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

yea those are the ones i saw. just call them and tell them your situation, that youve already had it tuned, but looking for more. see how much they charging. the software i was talking about is crucial in performing the custom map. and if the guy u used didnt have it, then it aint perfect yet. also the tuner here isnt a harley dealer, he still new his sh!%

Old 07-13-2006, 12:18 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

For a true custom map a tuner needs the proper equipment to tune a bike on the fly......keyboard at the left hand, while putting the bike through the paces in every gear/RPM level. Motor temp needs to be monitored closely with a tempurature gun. A dyno chamber should be fully enclosed with high speed fans, front and rear. The days of doing a few runs on an open dyno unit, and making adjustments after each one, should be long gone.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:37 AM
2006streetglide2006
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Bounty Hunter....but as far as enclosed dyno room...I haven't seen that...I think you would blow the roof off of the place!

Old 07-13-2006, 12:53 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

The guy I go to has a dyno chamber built like a friggin' bank vault, when he cranks the fans, it's just like a wind tunnel and man is it LOUD in there. Sure is fun to watch in amazement as he works his magic! Tunes all makes and models.

Quick Reply: PCIIIusb Map