Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIIIusb Map

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 01:00 AM
2006streetglide2006
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PCIIIusb Map

Wow! I bet that is a rush to be in there with it. I guess I didn't think about your climate(how cold it gets) as compared to mine. My dyno guy is in a small room with a little roll up door he leaves open...and my local harley dealer has the same set up.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:38 AM
raftgyde
Road Master

Why don't give Dr. Dyno a call. He'll be at the Maine State H.O.G. Rally - Sugarloaf, ME July 20 thru Saturday, July 22.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:08 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: raftgyde

Why don't give Dr. Dyno a call. He'll be at the Maine State H.O.G. Rally - Sugarloaf, ME July 20 thru Saturday, July 22.

He's in Mass. this weekend...........about 90 minutes from here.

Sugarloaf next weekend too..........about 2 hours from here.

I'll think about it...........maybe go down this Sunday to Mass. and see what he can do.

How is his reputation? I know there are quite a few of these traveling tuners around............how does he rate? What does he charge?

Steve

Old 07-13-2006, 09:25 AM
raftgyde
Road Master

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

He's in Mass. this weekend...........about 90 minutes from here.

Sugarloaf next weekend too..........about 2 hours from here.

I'll think about it...........maybe go down this Sunday to Mass. and see what he can do.

How is his reputation? I know there are quite a few of these traveling tuners around............how does he rate? What does he charge?

Steve
He's currently writing a very informative 4 part article for American Iron Magazine. Part 2 was really interesting. He told all the tricks a dyno operator could use to make it look like they'd given you added HP when in fact they'd done nothing. He's also written for the magazine in the past. The fact that American Iron has had him writing for them off and on for 4 years is reputation enough for me. I'd have had him dyno mine except he hasn't been at a rally close enough for me to get to on a weekend when I was free.

Be sure and read the Request An Appointment on his website. Although he's at the rallies/shows, he's mostly booked up by appointments when he arrives. If you're thinking about seeing him, I'd suggest trying to make an appt. today.

I'm not sure what he charges so I can't answer that one for you Steve.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:08 AM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

Steve,
I know Lloyd he actually tuned my Victory.... He is very good at it and if he is hooking up with the DR at Sturgis Im sure he is just as good.

Your beating yourself up about this... go to Mass and get er dun already......

Old 07-14-2006, 12:03 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpikeCT

Steve,
I know Lloyd he actually tuned my Victory.... He is very good at it and if he is hooking up with the DR at Sturgis Im sure he is just as good.

Your beating yourself up about this... go to Mass and get er dun already......
LOL.........I emailed him and I'm waiting to hear back from him.

The big things that bother me are my AFR reading. It was between 13.8-14.2...........about 1.0 too high, I would prefer a nice flat line at 13.2-13.5. I'm also concerned about the cylinder trim.....he did nothing with this and I know that with true duals it needs to be adjusted.

I just hooked my laptop to my PCIIIusb and set the cylinder trim to +5 for the rear and 0 for the front. I also used the buttons on the PC to add a little more fuel to lower the AFR just a little bit. I looked at my AFR line, and added fuel according to where it was needed to lower it down.

The bike is running good from the seat-of-the-pants...........but a good dyno tune would put me at ease.

Steve

Old 07-15-2006, 08:26 PM
05FLHTI
Advanced

I talked to my dyno guy this morning wanting to put on a big air filter but he told me to wait until I get my Rinehart 2 into 1's installed and do the whole thing at the same time. He quoted me $250 for the Dyno tune and re-map.

He is certified and has his dyno in a trailer--you ride up the back end onto the Dyno and he has all the fans, computers, etc. Also told me that really all the maps are kind of generic anyway and that each bike needs to be on the dyno to get its own map. He knows what he is doing as he is one of the top 5 street dresser dragsters in the country.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master

I know exactly how ya feel Steve. I just recently had mine dyno-"tuned" & the guy spent MAYBE 1.5 hrs at it. I got a goofy looking AFR chart (rich in a couple vital areas) & less than optimal HP/TQ #'s. The bike does run better, but I know I'm not getting 100% of what my set-up has to offer. I'll be ordering some Bassani Road Rage pipes soon, & this time I'll get it done by a shop w/the correct software!

BTW, I agree, that TV II is looking purty damn good, I just wish I knew how to weld on the bungs w/out fukin up an expensive set of pipes!

VicW.