Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Parts From HD

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:56 PM
tennessee streetglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Parts From HD

Ive took my 08 Street Glide to the dealer 6 times since bought new to try to get a noise checked coming from the back wheel. They have adjusted the belt put new wheel bearings in & new IDS bearings in still have the harmonicks noise.Just makes the noise when the belt get warmed up after about 10 miles .They think they have found where the sound is coming from the back pulley.Was milled wrong thicker in some places and is causing belt to try to ride up on side of pulley The first one that they order was the same as the bad one so they sent it back to Harley ordered another one and it had some big nicks out of it. So they have had my bike for a month now.You would think they would catch this with quality control or do they have that at the plant. Or do they buy this stuff from other manufacters. But anyway hope this fixes my problem.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:07 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tennessee streetglide
Ive took my 08 Street Glide to the dealer 6 times since bought new to try to get a noise checked coming from the back wheel. They have adjusted the belt put new wheel bearings in & new IDS bearings in still have the harmonicks noise.Just makes the noise when the belt get warmed up after about 10 miles .They think they have found where the sound is coming from the back pulley.Was milled wrong thicker in some places and is causing belt to try to ride up on side of pulley The first one that they order was the same as the bad one so they sent it back to Harley ordered another one and it had some big nicks out of it. So they have had my bike for a month now.You would think they would catch this with quality control or do they have that at the plant. Or do they buy this stuff from other manufacters. But anyway hope this fixes my problem.

*** HD.. they dont do Q/T.. They leave it to the suppliers ! Mexico (for the fuel systems and what ever else) and where ever else they get parts sooo... Delphi on the fuel system are dicks they want 100 % good parts ! Ya right .. Others ... ? who knows but the bottom line is HD prolly isnt checking sh*t .. Its all about money so if the supplier is sending sh*t parts then your gonna wait till they get a good one... Its too bad but after making parts for HD i now know why they are in the situation they are in.. I love my Harley but I had a kawasaki Voyager VII for years and no trouble but I see fixing sh*t down the road on my 06 Classic that shouldnt have to happen.. Screw em..... If they have a cam tensioner issue then it should be fixed under a recall.. Maybe we dont bitch enuff to the right people.. The big 3 woulda had to fix this stuff so why does HD get off free ?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Sancho
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're right n8dc. Seen the new Voyargers? I'm retired from Delphi, 35.5 years with GM and .5 years with Delphi. They have too many people that have spent too much time in the classroom and meetings to know what is going on. I should know.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:15 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The parts are probably chinese, most likely from the same factory with the poisonous drywall!

Old 11-25-2009, 05:44 PM
tennessee streetglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by n8dc
*** HD.. they dont do Q/T.. They leave it to the suppliers ! Mexico (for the fuel systems and what ever else) and where ever else they get parts sooo... Delphi on the fuel system are dicks they want 100 % good parts ! Ya right .. Others ... ? who knows but the bottom line is HD prolly isnt checking sh*t .. Its all about money so if the supplier is sending sh*t parts then your gonna wait till they get a good one... Its too bad but after making parts for HD i now know why they are in the situation they are in.. I love my Harley but I had a kawasaki Voyager VII for years and no trouble but I see fixing sh*t down the road on my 06 Classic that shouldnt have to happen.. Screw em..... If they have a cam tensioner issue then it should be fixed under a recall.. Maybe we dont bitch enuff to the right people.. The big 3 woulda had to fix this stuff so why does HD get off free ?
Ive been thinking same they should cover alot of the issues on their bikes with recalls. But as much as these bike cost shouldnt have that many problems you would think.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:27 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tennessee streetglide
You would think they would catch this with quality control or do they have that at the plant.

They should, but their idea of quality control is to have the employee watch him or herself. And then the employees wonder why their jobs are being outsourced.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

Get your bike back!! Tell them to call when they get the proper part in.