Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Day

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:52 PM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi my name is Johnnie, and Im a member of the "I dropped my bike club" LOL! Keep your head up man it happens! Glad you didnt get hurt.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:28 AM
RoadkingDxb
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are OK. As they say; there are two types of Harley riders, those that have dropped their bike and those that will.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:39 AM
CSMHOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 281 Likes on 177 Posts

Yep, I dropped one a long time ago getting ready to leave the house. I was all set to go when I realize I forgot something in the house. Jumped off the bike to get it and realized I forgot to put the jiffy stand down. Man, that sucked!!

Old 11-25-2009, 05:52 AM
dklanecky
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club. We all do it at least once (although some won't admit it). Mine was really stupid. Backing up out of a parking spot (first mistake) and turning hard to get out in one push (second mistake), and then the big one, switched looking over m left shoulder to my right, and I felt the center of gravity shift right.

I manager to hold it from going down, but couldn't get it back upright either. Talk about a rock and a hard place. I finally carefull let it go over and rest on the engine guard.

Pretty damn embarassing, but it's a lesson you only have to learn once (kind of like using the front brake (at all) when under 5mph, or riding with your feet off the boards.

Glad your OK and the bike suffered minimal damage.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:10 AM
keltonkrew
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

done it twice..1st time in the garage moving it....I about crapped my pants straining trying to lift it...

watched the video a week or so later...... next time thought the jiffy stand was down (long story), plop, it went over...did it the way it showed in the video and it was a piece of cake...no more ruined drawers lol!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:16 AM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I haven't dropped the one I have now, but I did drop my last one. Slow U-turn, wife on the back, hit the front brake and down she went. I learned a lesson that day!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:16 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Don't feel too bad as I dropped my Ultra for the first time last summer after 8 years of riding experience. It's alot better to have your pride bruised now then it gets stronger afterwards with a lesson learned.

Drop, Swallow, Live and Learn,

Thorey

Old 11-25-2009, 06:24 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Glad you OK!!!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 06:49 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guy should see what it's like to pick up a late model GL1800 that's more top heavy than an Ultra Classic.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:41 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Man I feel your pain. I'm also a recent inductee to the "I dropped my bike club"

Was making a slow u turn to the left when the next thing I know I'm looking up at the blue sky. I was on a steep incline and in the process of picking the bike up (didn't have a hold of the front brake. Lesson learned.) I dropped it again. Suffered a few scratches on the bottom of the left hard bag.

Like I was told there are two types of bikers, those that have been down and those that will be down.

Good luck to ya.

Quick Reply: Bad Day