Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this make sense??

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:52 PM
kjkustoms
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Does this make sense??

Have a look at this story and tell me if I am crazy! 4 weeks ago I went to 1 of our local HD dealers to look at a 2008 FLHX that they had advertised for a fairly good price. When I got there the bike was on showroom floor, nice bike , minty shape. Not too many add ons, pretty much stock except for slip on pipes. I asked the sales guy, no stage one kit ? He says "no". I say, the pipes were changed but no stage one? He says we see that all the time. OK, I say, lets here her run. He turns on the ignition, ...NOTHING ! No power, no headlight, NOTHING! He calls over the service manager, manager say , oh , the battery must be dead, we will put in a new one right now. They wheel the bike in the back, a few minutes go by, I get nosey and walk into the service department, the have the bike hooked up to the magical orange box and the tech is downloading something into the bike. He says to me, they have to reset the computer after a battery change, I say B.S. !! never heard of that before! Any way, after they get it running it sounds good, looks good, I make the deal, it's all mine! pick it up in a week. On the way out my wife says, hey I want to hear the stereo,we go back turn on the ignition to ACC. No stereo, its dead, no power, nothing! Oh I forgot to mention, the bike has all the factory options, fully loaded!! Except no security!! What ? Dealer says, I dont know why, but no security. It is now 3 weeks later , still no bike, dealer says, HD is going to replace the stereo under warranty, but HD has a backorder on stereos! WHAT! I snuck back into the service dept. today, theres my bike, same stereo still in the dash. I start asking questions, they are really starting to "dance" around. I look in the saddle bag, theres the manual, I open it , out falls a paper with the factory VIN number and the serial numbers of the security fobs that came with this bike!!! I go nuts!! They give me some BS story and try to sell me the security system for the bike for 300 bucks! So, my question is, does the stereo not work because they pulled out the security module, which would explain why it needed a down load to change the battery,and now the stereo is in hibernation mode because the ECM thinks it has been stolen! And they cant figure this out? Am I crazy or does this make sense??

Old 11-23-2009, 07:56 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,223 Likes on 1,840 Posts

PM your VIN number to me and I'll run it and tell you if it came with security.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Jim Gumbel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are in for a long ride with this Stealer! Good luck! Either they are dumber than a bag of rocks, or they are out to F@#* you! Find a good dealer that knows what the hell they are doing!

Old 11-23-2009, 08:01 PM
kjkustoms
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know it came with security, I have the serial numbers for the fobs, that was in the owners manual. My question is ,did they remove it, and now the stereo wont work? Is this a possibility? Thanks.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds strange to me. Dawg will hook ya up. Good luck.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I think I would bail on this one.
Electrical problems from the start,not good.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:16 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I've had both of my fobs away from my bike and the radio still turns on, but will not start.
Pulling the entire security module... not sure what that will do.

lp

Old 11-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 757 Likes on 523 Posts

Maybe there is some honest explanation for what sounds like isn't something going on on the ole' up and up.

But if there isn't, if it's one thing I can't stand is liars, cheats, and steals. In my world, someone would walk in there and shoot every low-life, dirt-bag, cheating a-hole in that joint right between their no-good lying eyes

I hates cheats with a passion. There should be no safe harbor for cheats.

Good luck.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:33 PM
brockstwrt
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I would be getting my money back and finding a different bike at a different dealer. Nothing worse than a lying cheat.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:43 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by kjkustoms
I know it came with security, I have the serial numbers for the fobs, that was in the owners manual. My question is ,did they remove it, and now the stereo wont work? Is this a possibility? Thanks.

HD radios dont work like the high end car radios that think theyve been stolen. They are simple power up units.

Quick Reply: Does this make sense??