Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Progressive Suspension Touring Link

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
rags
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Just installed Progressive Suspension Touring Link

Just installed the Progressive Suspension Touring Link stabilizer. It is a very easy install. Took about two hours. Now for the results. Took it out for about a ten mile spin. The good news, definitely feels more solid, especially in the turns. The bad news, although I expected to pick up a little vibration there is more than I like. Can feel it in my feet and hands and I have ISO grips. It was borderline for me taking it right back off. But I am going to give it some time to see if it gets better or if I get more tolerant of it.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:56 PM
kmvallee
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rags
Just installed the Progressive Suspension Touring Link stabilizer. It is a very easy install. Took about two hours. Now for the results. Took it out for about a ten mile spin. The good news, definitely feels more solid, especially in the turns. The bad news, although I expected to pick up a little vibration there is more than I like. Can feel it in my feet and hands and I have ISO grips. It was borderline for me taking it right back off. But I am going to give it some time to see if it gets better or if I get more tolerant of it.
I doubt it will get any better,you really have a nice looking motorcycle though.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

I took mine off for the same reason. That and all the paint was falling off of it from the start. Still need to return the dang thing for a refund or something.

Dunlop Elite III's did more for the handling of the bike than this thing did BTW. With these tires the bike doesn't need a "stabilizer".

lp

Old 11-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Saxon
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Progressive Suspension

Had mine installed by local dealer in June. Rode all Summer - did not notice any vibration at all. That first ride was the one ride I noticed the difference in handling - everything seemed so much more solid. Took the sweeper that gave me the butt pucker that caused me to have the link installed and had no problems at all. Since then I don't really notice anything except the RG handles great - would not change it

Old 11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

Maybe you have a bad motor mount causing the extra vibration.