Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics Amp Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:34 PM
gsimerma@amfam.com
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Biketronics Amp Problems

Ordered 6.5 speakers and amp from Biketronics. Installed them and one side of the amp did not work. They had no problem sending me a new one. Installed it and it worked fine. Wanted more sound so ordered 5.25 speakers and amp to install in the lower fairing. Installed them and it worked fine. Sounded awesome. However, after a short ride one side of the amp quit working. I am sure they will replace it but at this point in time I am wondering about the quality of their products. Anyone have any problems with Biketronics products?

Old 11-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Which part are you actually talking about? There are three parts to the amp.

1) a pre-amp
2) a transformer
3) an amp near each speaker

I had trouble with the transformer, one side wasn't putting out enough power. They sent me a new one and all seems fine now.

The transformer is the little box (mine was clear) with the RCA plugs (red and white) on one end.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:13 AM
gsimerma@amfam.com
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the amp that plugs into the transformer with the RC jacks and powers the speakers. I have two transformers and two amps. One amp powers the upper speakers and one amp powers the lower speakers. They have always been great to work with and fire the replacement amp right out. However, with two out of two bad I was wondering if it was just my luck or the product. From what I have read they come highly recommended so I'm hoping it's just my luck.