Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exceptional Safety mod for very cheap!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 PM
Knight2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceptional Safety mod for very cheap!

Hey guys,

I posted this :
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/5871407-post484.html
in the D.I.Y forums. Photos just don't render red lights very well but these things are very eye catching! Believe me. Lost of guys ask what/how I did it!
Just thought you might be interested'

Pete

Old 11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good mod Knight2...I am going to check those out!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,217 Likes on 1,837 Posts

Nice job. They'd also look pretty cool if you attached each one to the fender support running in between the saddlebags and the fender on each side.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:27 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

hey knight2, looks great. anything that increases your visibility is a good thing with bikes, as to cars, we're otherwise invisible, therfore prone to getting run into. there is something else you may want to consider. it's the taillight/brake/turn signal module. it's a small box from harley that plugs into the taillight harness under the seat. it makes your turn signals work not only as turn signals, but also as brake and running lights too. it makes a huge difference. in the harley parts and accessories catalog it's part #49461-06A and will fit your ultra with the flat taillight lenses. there are several made for specific models. you can find them in the 09 harley parts and accessories catalog, and is easiest for me to find in the multi fit section. page657 in the 09 catalog. it includes the module which is a no brainer to plug in, and red lenses. a huge improvement for safety. in years past, i'd find front turn signals which have a two element bulb, and replace the whole turn signal housing, front ones installed in the rear , then red lenses. this is much cheaper and easier than rewiring anything. just a plug in module and two red lenses in the package, and it costs $57.95 i've since installed modules in several riding buddies bikes, after riding behind my bike, they just had to have the three reds also.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:31 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i did like your application of the lights on the tour pack, neat job. now i gotta get to auto zone to check them out, i can imagine that on the filler panel between the bags and fender like dawg mentioned, might work out pretty neat too. streetglides got this panel that needs something, and the screamin eagle roadglide part might also be do-able, provided it's not vin specific to the cvo line. i've been thinking that the cvo mod, if it's not vin restricted to cvo owners, would be very cool too. hi dollar i'm sure, harley's good about that. but check out the turn signal/brake module. it's cool, and really will improve your visibility a bunch.