Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

street glide battery removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 06:26 PM
fisherguy54
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't see a battery tender outlet, the plug for my heated gloves was there, I'll look before I take the seat off again. Thanks for the info. I'm sure I can get it fixed

Old 11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
hogginit
Road Captain

I believe the plug for your heated gloves is the same plug intended for the battery tender.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:47 PM
msu
Stage I
Default bman rules

fricking amazing. i spend an hour in a cold garage trying unsuccessfully to get the battery out of my 09 Street Glide only to plug this phrase into Google "removing the battery 2009 Street Glide" and who shows up but bman with both photos and a solution to getting that plastic cover over the metal lip. Worked perfectly, bman. thanks for taking the time to educate us.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:13 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,540 Likes on 22,683 Posts

Good pictorial bman..

Old 03-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Shoneebc
Stage II
Default battery tender

Hey Bman,

Your post and pics are appreciated. One of the techs at Toronto HD asked me to remove the fuse for the alarm sytem before attaching the permanent plug to the battery.Thoughts on this if you woulld?

Sean

Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
bman7163
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoneebc
Hey Bman,

Your post and pics are appreciated. One of the techs at Toronto HD asked me to remove the fuse for the alarm sytem before attaching the permanent plug to the battery.Thoughts on this if you woulld?

Sean
Glad to help everyone out on this!

Hey Sean! I am not sure about the fuse on your alarm system. I do not have a factory installed alarm on my bike. I do however have a Scorpio alarm system on my bike and every time I disconnect the battery the alarm will go off for a few seconds. The factory alarm may have this same issue and therefore you could remove the fuse to keep the alarm from sounding.

So if there is a fuse for the factory alarm I would go ahead and remove before disconnecting the battery.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:57 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

now when the lightweight nylon strap breaks, the one which you're supposed to be able to use for lifting the battery out, i found that at auto zone, for about 7 bucks you can get one of the battery carrying tools which has flat pads that are very slim, and will lift the battery out of the compartment. if you were to look at the tool as it's sitting on the battery, it'd look like a big letter "F" with a red vinyl handle. it's about the neatest thing i've found that works on harley batteries. not enough room to fit the fingers in there for lifting it out, in my case anyway. as you lift it, after placing the pads on the front and back of the battery, the handle causes the pads to compress against the battery so you can get it out.

Old 03-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Shoneebc
Stage II
Default battery tender

Bman,

Thanks again. got it done, no issues.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:24 PM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Awesome pics & descriptions

Old 05-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Never2Late
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

great info and pics. Helped me out today.

Quick Reply: street glide battery removal