Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there anything good about the 2010 Ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:25 PM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 531 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by rthomp159
500 miles on my Limited in a week....Yeah, I'm ecstatic about it. It's a damn good bike. It's also ridiculously easy to ride and super comfortable. Maybe I'll feel differently in July, but the "heat issue" from the cats is nonexistent.

The only modifications I'm making at this point are highway pegs, a windshield bag, a 10" Windvest, and the Premium Hinges for the tour pack. Otherwise, this is about as close to perfect as I've ever ridden.
I've got to agree! Not bone stock thou...added PC-V, Sampson slipons & Hi Flo AC & canned download...no heat from anywhere!

Old 12-01-2009, 06:03 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

The XR1200 and all the new touring bikes are the best HD's ever built.

They need to step up with the softail and dyna's and the future is assured.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:04 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
The XR1200 and all the new touring bikes are the best HD's ever built.

They need to step up with the softail and dyna's and the future is assured.
The XR1200 is one helluva bike.

I've listened to people go on about their baggers for years and figured they were full of it. I've ridden a 100th Anniversary Ultra, and it left me cold. I've ridden a 2008 Road King, and that wasn't bad at all.

The Limited is an amazing bike. I'm looking at my Night Train and thinking, "uh oh". Love that bike to death, and I'll never get rid of it, but the Limited is hands-down the best bike I've ridden.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:08 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,160 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Just posted a new thread with some dyno testing we have done on the 2010 Limited. The bike has very good potential. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...formation.html

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-02-2009, 03:54 AM
ditch_dgr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traded my 2007 Ultra for a 2010 Ultra in August. In my opinion it was a good move. Rode it to Daytona in October and except for the seat, I had no problems. the bike had plenty of power, the wife was real conmfortable and all in all the trip was pretty nice.

I had V&H Tru-Duals with Oval Mufflers, Fuel Pak and SE air cleaner on the 07, the 10 is stock, I thought the 10 had more power and more throttle response. The wider back tire and new frame made for a nice ride and good cornering. The bike runs hotter than the 07, but with the adjustable fairing wings, I was able to direct the air better and it wasn't an issue.

Now about the seat. The stock seat is horrible, it caused me some significant pain in my butt. I bought a Mustang Touring seat in Daytona and I gotta tell you in spite of some of the stuff I have read here, it was excellent.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:14 AM
rsnooze
4th Gear
Default Thanks for help

I started this thread to get some positive feedback on the 2010 Ultra. I should not have put too much stock in the negative information on the forums. I see that most people are enjoying their new bikes.

Yesterday I purchased the 2010 Ultra (my third) and will pick it up next week.

Since I have ridden Harleys for many years with the heat always present it may not be an issue at all.

I want to thank everyone for their input.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 PM
hands for horse power
Novice

I owned a 07 ultra 103ci and now own a 2010. There is a big handling difference and its to the plus side. The cats had to go! They robbed so much power from this bike. Harley should be shot for putting this on there bikes. Took stock exhaust off and changed air filter, power commander v,and bike run cooler and has a lot more power than before.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 81 Posts
Smile

Hurry !! see if you can buy your 07 back? with the ids and some sort of stableizer brace you have the best HD ever made

Old 03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
tlmitchell
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rsnooze
I sold my 07' and am getting ready to buy a new 2010 Ultra Classic. I have been reading a lot on this, and other forums, that the catalytic converter on the 2010's causes all kinds of problems ie: excessive heat, head pipe damage, reduced HP, head damage, etc. Nobody, on any of the forums, has anything good to say about the 2010's.
Pretty easy for folks to gripe about what's wrong, in their opinion. A lot rarer for those that like the new sleds because they're out riding the **** out of 'em instead of tapping on a keyboard. I see no more bad reports on the '10s than I did on the '09s or '08s or the '07s. Or the '82s or 86s or '98s, etc for that matter.

FuelMoto's early dyno results with the cat resulted in a negligible power change from the '09s. My take is the cat allowed a decent A/F ratio matrix since the tune was no longer strictly for emissions. I feel my '10 is as torquey stock as my '07 was modded and the plugs look better bone stock than on any of my previous 4 fuelies.

I got rid of the '07 because I couldn't stand broiled thighs after trying every solution out there. I've ridden in 90+ degree temps and I now have no heat issues in any way, shape or form. The handling on the new frame more than makes up for any perceived deficiencies, IMO. I now take corners on the '10 Ultra as aggressively as I do on my FXR. Yeah, the OEM '09/early '10 seats suck. Previous H-D Touring seats, while never the finest, were just un-bad enough to be about the only ones that didn't *have* to be modded or swapped until '09, IMO. Now that I've got an MCC mod mine is as comfortable as any I've owned. Compared to my previous 9 bikes, 6 of 'em H-Ds, through the first 6 months and 10,000 miles this is the finest motorcycle I've ever owned.

T L

Old 03-25-2010, 10:13 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

I'm here to tell you that the supposed "heat issue" with the 2010 bikes equipped with catalytic converters is crap. There have been one or two people posting here and on the other forum who have bitched up a storm about those evil CATS ( and you know they're serious because they capitalize "cats"). Bullcrap.

But funny how no one has posted any oil analysis from a cat-equipped bike. If your leg gets hot, that's one thing. But the converters aren't going to hurt your engine. I'll be posting my oil analysis shortly, and hopefully it'll end this ridiculous conversation.

Quick Reply: Is there anything good about the 2010 Ultra?