Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuelpak

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 02:13 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts
Default Fuelpak

I have all V&H pipes and slip ons so I thought I'd give the Fuelpak a try. One of the things I noticed on the website for the canned map instructions is you can choose between stock chip level and stage 1 chip level. I assume that since I see everyone here saying the HD download is a waste that I should just install it with the stock chip level and not worry about paying for the download too? I spoke to a V&H tech and asked if the Fuelpak is compatible for getting a dyno tune and was advised that a dyno is not necessary with the Fuelpak. Does that mean that I can't have it done, or can I still get it done to see where my numbers are at and if they can get me fine tuned?

Old 07-12-2006, 02:19 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuelpak

Get a PCIII, if ya can't swing a dyno, a loaded map would be better than a fuelpak![:'(]

Old 07-12-2006, 08:14 AM
bdgreen
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Bounty. I watched a buddy put the PCIII on his and it's a snap. Mine is due to be here tom. The re-map is simple.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:37 AM
fimduc
Cruiser

Dawg, if your bike is running good right now with the limited mods you have then why waste money on a PCIII. However, if you are getting some symptoms of running lean, and we all know out the door all the newer FI Harley's are EPA lean, then go the simple route and install a Techlusion DFO which will allow you to very simply richen up the mixture and optimize your A/F mixture for the mods you have. It is a great device that I have used on several bikes and does not require the expense of a dyno run to tune your bike. Don't get me wrong the PCIII is a great device that has many levels of tuning and can give great results......but it is overkill for limited modifications. The DFO allows you to richen up the fuel circuit in pretty much the same way we all use to do with Carbs when we changed the jets, etc. Simple and inexpensive is good stuff and the results are proven. I have the DFO, Stage I Air and a 2/1 pipe and my butt dyno tells me the bike is running fantastic! The Fuel Pak is not woirth the money since it is no where near as good as the PCIII and lacks the simplicity of the DFO in order for the owner to richen up the circuit. I would buy a PCIII long before a FUel Pak. The HD download is a waste of money becasue it is still to lean to help so don't waste the $100 to $150 on that deal and of course it provides no ability to tweak it after the fact.

Old 07-12-2006, 09:46 AM
jaspin
Novice

Dawg

I installed V&H oval slip ons on my FLHKI with the fuel pack and did not download a map. So far I have not had any issues.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:58 AM
pk
Tourer

I have the V&H slip on ovals with the fuelpak and also am happy. 1400 mile so far. Good luck.

Paul

Old 07-12-2006, 12:56 PM
ILSRWY6
Cruiser

You can always get the bike dyno'd. However with the fuelpak, you cannot make any adjustments. If you want the bike fine tuned, I would suggest the PCIII or SERT.

I am no expert, but I am researching the same thing. I think I will go with the PCIII.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Redneck
Road Captain

I have Vance and Hines and installed the Fuel Pak and had decel popping at lower speeds and it was driving me crazy. Installed a PC111 with one of there canned maps and no more popping and the bike runs strong. Hope to get it on the dyno soon to get all I can out of it. I talked to Vance and Hines and had no luck with them to reduce the popping.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:03 PM
2006streetglide2006
Cruiser

Get the Powercommander.....I've been one happy mother ever since I got it!

Jon

Old 07-12-2006, 02:08 PM
blueson2s
Intermediate

If you are going to do upgrades in the future in addition to your stage I and V&H slip-ons, go with the PCIII.

If you are ONLY going to do stage I with ONLY V&H pipes, the Fuelpak works very well.

Quick Reply: Fuelpak