Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

better rear light, need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default better rear light, need help

hello, I need help from BAL users. I would like to have a brighter rear light in order to have more light when riding, I dont care if it is really bright when you use the brake, I need a brighter rear ligh while riding.

I would like to know is bal is also brighter than stock while riding. I have a rk classic and some people told me that its hard to see me at night.

I would also like to know if someone is using the HD chromed directional bar with integrated rear led light and if it is a waste of money or not.
Im talking about http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

as i said i would like more rear light while riding, I dont care when i use the brake because i think stock brake light is bright enought, If i can improve the brake light too is ok but the idea is to have a better rear light when i ride

please excuse my english, i dont speak english very good.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Towboater07
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out www.Ridetimetechnology.com, that's where I purchased all my LED lighting. He's a great guy to deal with also.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:51 AM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Solitario
hello, I need help from BAL users. I would like to have a brighter rear light in order to have more light when riding, I dont care if it is really bright when you use the brake, I need a brighter rear ligh while riding.

I would like to know is bal is also brighter than stock while riding. I have a rk classic and some people told me that its hard to see me at night.

I would also like to know if someone is using the HD chromed directional bar with integrated rear led light and if it is a waste of money or not.

as i said i would like more rear light while riding, I dont care when i use the brake because i think stock brake light is bright enought, If i can improve the brake light too is ok but the idea is to have a better rear light when i ride

Nothing wrong with your english. you got your question ask. That's what counts.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:17 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Solitario

I have an Ultra so I have rear lights in the TourPak too, which is a great addition. The rear turn signals have been upgraded to running lights/brake lights using HD #69461-06A. It's a plug and play installation and it adds plenty of light to the rear.
Personally, I don't like the looks of LEDs but to each his own.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:26 AM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a Custom Dynamics Genesis II LED tail light and I am really happy with it. Here is a link to the review I did.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ht-review.html

Here is a link to their site.

http://www.customdynamics.com/street...taillights.htm

Old 11-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

sonar how bright is that light compared to the bal1?

anyone has seen the hd directional bar with rear light integrated? I wonder if it is a waste of money.

btw my bike is a 2009 rkc without tourpack, so tourpack leds wont help.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:34 AM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I have the r/t/b conversion and the BAL-1. Love them both. The BAL has three settings for the running lights (not brake lights). I use the middle one because the third one is too bright. These two modifications are so great because your bike has no extra lights. Same three original lights but much better.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I have an Ultra so I have rear lights in the TourPak too, which is a great addition. The rear turn signals have been upgraded to running lights/brake lights using HD #69461-06A. It's a plug and play installation and it adds plenty of light to the rear.
Personally, I don't like the looks of LEDs but to each his own.
After riding behind some of my buddies that switched to this set up, I also changed mine.
I could see them much much better in the daylight.

Old 11-23-2009, 08:57 AM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

After reading many posts and threads and seeing what others has done about more light in the rear.
I decided to to this

My reasoning was that turn lights need to really catch folks attention. With amber turn lights stand out more than all red will.

Not saying I am right, just saying this is how I see it.
They really light up the rear day or night

Plug and play

In God we Trust

dd

Old 11-23-2009, 09:47 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I was just reading a post on these lights. Seems like they really are noticable. No personal experience with them though. http://www.brightasslights.com/

Here's the thread discussing them: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ights-wow.html

Quick Reply: better rear light, need help