Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are the best pair of gloves in 20F degree weather??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
Heated gloves is by far the best.
yep..beyond me why I waited so long

Old 11-22-2009, 01:13 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I picked up a pair of the glove liners that you guys suggested and they worked great it was 35F degrees this morning and I rode to work it was only 25min but i could tell a big difference. Thanks

Old 11-22-2009, 01:23 PM
waskier01
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gerbings has the heatedclothingoutlet.com for some deals. It is an outlet so it's not perfection. I have just over 2900 days in a row in Seattle weather and couldn't have done it without Gerbings. All my bikes are plumbed with gerbing thermostats, even my chopper. I started with the liner and was suprised by the luxuriousness of a heated collar. I purchased a used set of gauntlets and nearly burned my fingernails off in 20 degree weather. I then purchased a used set of G3's and have never looked back. I now have 2 liners, 2 G3's, 1 heated raincoat, 1 heated rain pant, and the gauntlets. The warranty on the gerbings has been amazing. Any electrical problem is fixed, period. If you wear them out, not covered. The gloves have had issues, been covered. The liners have been continous saviours even in summertime. On a cold summer or winter morning, I alway feel like a bright hot summer afternoon.....

Old 11-22-2009, 01:27 PM
waskier01
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry! Plug a pair of G3's into a heated liner and put permanent thermostat on your bike. The difference will make you wonder why you waited so long, and definately extend the joyous part of your riding season.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:33 PM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

I've worn Tourmaster polartex gloves down to 27 degrees for 45 minutes on the interstate. Not fun.

I've now got a set of Gerbings heated gear. The only way to go as far as I'm concerned.

Old 11-22-2009, 02:39 PM
badjustbad
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to get some miles on before the roads turn white so I went for a 2-hour ride yesterday. It was a 35 degree day with only a mild breeze - perfect for this time of year. At about 1 1/2 hours into my ride I was stopped in a long line of traffic - there was a serious wreck so they were alternating north/south traffic past the wreck at about 30 minute intervals.

It's not wise to idle a bike for 30 minutes, even if it is nearly freezing out, so I had no choice but to suck it up and wait. I did start the bike every few minutes but it wasn't enough to keep the chill off.

Electric clothes are great... when they work. It's wise to keep a backup in your saddle bag just in case the electrics fail or you can't run them. In my case, I did have extra layers I could have put on but it looked like the line would move any minute, so I didn't bother. Big mistake, I was frozen when I got home. It took an extra amount of tequila and a smokin' hot shower to get the chills out.

Old 11-22-2009, 03:11 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Heated gear is a must for the extended rider. Especially up north here where it gets nippy quick. I've had Widder gear for years, but I think it's about time to go with some new Gerbing. Everyone has good things to say about them.

Old 11-22-2009, 05:31 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

April 09 - Sandia Mountains East of Albuquerque NM - rode over the top - took an hour and it was snowing - 35 degrees so the snow did not stick - both wife and I had Gerbings liners and gloves.... we also had a new piece of clothing $15 (best $15 I ever spent) http://www.schampa.com/product_p/ng001.htm

In todays market - it is now a choice to ride and be cold...

Old 11-22-2009, 07:32 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gerbings

Old 11-22-2009, 08:29 PM
RThomas4223
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me be the dissenting voice here.
How about Hippo Hands - a muff that covers your hands & keeps what heat there is inside?
Try http://www.hippohands.com/
I have NOTHING to do with the company.
BTW, while I do find the use of heated grips still let the back of my hands freeze (w/o the Hippo hands), I found the Kuryakyn heated Iso grips better than the stock heated HD grips.
My $.02.

Quick Reply: What are the best pair of gloves in 20F degree weather??