Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road glide pipes

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:17 PM
mobster
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road glide pipes

i want a low pitched deep rumble. not too loud. with good power. i got the radio and i want to hear it when im cruizin 70+. any reccomends

Old 07-11-2006, 11:36 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: road glide pipes

Mobster, ya came to the right place.... for dual exhaust. Gotta be Hard Krome...unless ya like messin' with pesky clamps![sm=devilgrin.gif]

Old 07-12-2006, 12:12 AM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

check out the rineharts with optional quiet baffles. i have the standard baffles they sound real good, not too loud but roar when you give her hell. ive heard the quiet baffles sound great, the t-rexs above look awesome too! have yet too here em, but on the prowl to get a taste of em as well. good luck in your choice. regardless of any pipes you get. DO NOT GET A DOWNLOAD. get a sert(screaming eagle race tuner) or a power commander III. then get it dynoed over at gutteridge in danville il.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:17 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mobster..... That question will draw numerous different responses, as it is quite subjective.

"For me", the D&D FatCat can not be beat! Performance, sound, quality.... none better.... If you feel like a bagger "has to have" a pipe on both sides, D&D offers an optional "Falsie" to go with the 2 into 1 that gives you that look to.

Old 07-12-2006, 12:29 AM
Steele
Cruiser

I couldn't be happier with the DG Hard Kromes T Rex 3" pipes.

Massive, great looking and lets you enjoy ALL of the power from that motor you paid so much for.

Name:  IMG_0447-1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  120.4 KB

Old 07-12-2006, 12:45 AM
cincypiper
Cruiser

+1 on Hard Krome.

I've had Hard Krome 2.5" American Classic Straights on my Kawasaki. They simply rocked in every department: Fit, Finish, and oh god what great sound.

Pardon my ignorance, but anyone Know the difference between the TRex and the 3" True Duals? As far as I can tell the 3" True Duals do not have stepped headers and the T Rex does. Correct?

If they can't come up with TRex fitment for my Tour Glide, i'm almost certainly ending up with the 2-1 Xcellerators.

Old 07-12-2006, 01:25 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

T-REX is an acronym for TRue EXhaust, the dual straights feature solid welded doublewall construction with a one piece 3" (CLAMPFREE) diameter outer pipe, the LARGEST pipe in the motorcyle industry. They also have progressive triple stepped header's, terminating into a 2.25" removable baffle for maximum power extraction, triple plated chrome billet tips and the industry's first and only, ONE year guarantee against bluing!

Old 07-12-2006, 03:05 AM
ronstew
Intermediate

From the www.hardkrome.com faq:
Q: My pipes are great but I would like the option of being able to tone the sound down a little bit. Is there anything you offer for my pipes?

A: Excellent question. Our R&D department is hard at work trying to develop a baffle that will tone down our pipes while still maintaining a high level of performance associated with our Hard-Krome pipes. This process is taking a little longer than we had previously thought. We will update the website as soon as more information is available. Thank you for being patient.
I hope to have this option available when I am ready to buy.

Old 07-12-2006, 07:55 PM
Kahuna
Road Master

I'm with JP! I like my Rineharts. They have a deep rumble, but still quiet enough for me to hear my radio.

ORIGINAL: jpnelson1978

check out the rineharts with optional quiet baffles. i have the standard baffles they sound real good, not too loud but roar when you give her hell. ive heard the quiet baffles sound great, the t-rexs above look awesome too! have yet too here em, but on the prowl to get a taste of em as well. good luck in your choice. regardless of any pipes you get. DO NOT GET A DOWNLOAD. get a sert(screaming eagle race tuner) or a power commander III. then get it dynoed over at gutteridge in danville il.

Old 07-13-2006, 12:36 AM
suicide441
Cruiser

It took me over a year to figure out to hear my radio at 80+. Instead of new speakers I tried a set of Etymotic ER-20 earpluds. They eliminated all extraneous noises and made riding a lot more comfortable. I can still hear my pipes and traffic around me while enjoying my radio. It's the best money I've spent this year. I don't get as fatigued after long trips.