Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Cam Testing results Video Dyno Charts

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009 | 08:17 PM
RoadHawgRider
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey - I have a fat cat 2-1 D&D that I took off my 2003 Road King CVO. It was only on for a couple years, I missed the 2 pipe look. I've been meaning to sell it. It doesn't have the 02 sensors, but neither does my new V&H powerduals (the PCV eliminates them).

Old 11-25-2009 | 06:53 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jamie,
Did you check the CCP? I'm thinking about adding this cam over the winter my CCp is at 195 now this cam will raise that up big time I'm thinking may need to add compresion releases. What you think?

Old 11-26-2009 | 10:17 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
Do you have a dyno chart with the SE255's, Stage 1 A/C and mufflers? If you do, could you post it?
I've never dynoed my bike, but here's a chart for a bike with Rinehart TD's. IMO this isn't a good representation of this cam since TD's suppress the low-end. I saw a very nice chart somewhere recently, and although I can't find it I'll keep looking.

Last edited by iclick; 11-26-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11-26-2009 | 11:42 AM
confused
Road Captain

2008 Ultra
SE 255 CAMS ONLY
SE A/C
V&H Tru Duals w/ Basic (NOT Monster) Ovals
Tuned w/ a TTS Mastertune
76.55 HP 90.82 TQ

Maybe not the best #'s, but I can now use 6th gear
and the bike pulls strong in any gear
Picked up the CAMS for $100, so
the overall cost was the best bang for my $$$$$ at this time.

Saying that, Jamie's #'s are VERY impressive and down the road when I have a newer bike and that bike is going to be around for a LONG time, Jamie is going to do it up. The fact that he shares what he does, and everything else always makes me trust him. Thanks Jamie.

Attached Thumbnails Fuel Moto Cam Testing results Video Dyno Charts-08-ultra-dyno-run.jpg  
Old 11-26-2009 | 12:29 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
I've never dynoed my bike, but here's a chart for a bike with Rinehart TD's. IMO this isn't a good representation of this cam since TD's suppress the low-end. I saw a very nice chart somewhere recently, and although I can't find it I'll keep looking.

Thanks for the post. Most of my riding is in the 2-3K rpm range, I was hoping that these cams would peak a bit sooner than they do. Looking at the chart, they peak around 3.5K. It would be nice if I could find something that peaked around 2.5-3K and stayed up until about 4K.

Old 11-26-2009 | 01:26 PM
SE120RG
Road Master

Thanks for the post. Most of my riding is in the 2-3K rpm range, I was hoping that these cams would peak a bit sooner than they do. Looking at the chart, they peak around 3.5K. It would be nice if I could find something that peaked around 2.5-3K and stayed up until about 4K.

here is my dyno with 255's, AC and V&H big shot duals. red line before the tune, blue line after

Attached Thumbnails Fuel Moto Cam Testing results Video Dyno Charts-004.jpg  
Old 11-27-2009 | 07:27 AM
racerdave
Cruiser

Interesting thread. Jamie how can you relate your numbers to a 07 with those cams and your mufflers/tune, that I'm thinking can't run your headpipes?

Old 11-27-2009 | 08:00 AM
RK_RIDER
Advanced
Default Ditto

Originally Posted by racerdave
Interesting thread. Jamie how can you relate your numbers to a 07 with those cams and your mufflers/tune, that I'm thinking can't run your headpipes?
Jammie in adddition to racerdave's ? Would woods 6-6 be your choice for a 2007 with your power package as the only mod.

Old 11-27-2009 | 10:59 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I know they would peak earlier with a stock headpipe or 2-into-1's, as the chart I posted was with TD's. These suppress the low-end and I probably should've looked for a more representative chart, but that's all I have. I can say that the low-end and midrange of my bike are improved impressively over stock (Fuel Moto Stage 1 in both cases) with no other changes.

Again, I think the beauty of the 255's is that they provide a nice TQ boost in an otherwise stock (Stage 1) motor. It is usable TQ that I think is ideal for heavy touring rigs that normally run at 2-4K RPM. They also can be purchased on Ebay as pulls from either Stage II kits or CVO bikes for $100-150, and if you DIY it offers a very good bang-for-the-buck improvement. OTOH if you're looking for peak-HP these only provide a modest improvement, maybe 4-5HP, and peak at about 5K. I can say that the seat-of-the-pants feel is that they are strong up to my redline of 6200, and although HP starts decreasing above 5K they pull well up to the max.

Old 11-27-2009 | 04:59 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by iclick
I know they would peak earlier with a stock headpipe or 2-into-1's, as the chart I posted was with TD's. These suppress the low-end and I probably should've looked for a more representative chart, but that's all I have. I can say that the low-end and midrange of my bike are improved impressively over stock (Fuel Moto Stage 1 in both cases) with no other changes.

Again, I think the beauty of the 255's is that they provide a nice TQ boost in an otherwise stock (Stage 1) motor. It is usable TQ that I think is ideal for heavy touring rigs that normally run at 2-4K RPM. They also can be purchased on Ebay as pulls from either Stage II kits or CVO bikes for $100-150, and if you DIY it offers a very good bang-for-the-buck improvement. OTOH if you're looking for peak-HP these only provide a modest improvement, maybe 4-5HP, and peak at about 5K. I can say that the seat-of-the-pants feel is that they are strong up to my redline of 6200, and although HP starts decreasing above 5K they pull well up to the max.

Thanks for the reply. I don't really care about peak HP so much as when the Tq peaks and how flat the curve is. In TheWhitedogg's dyno sheet, I like the really early peak and the flat curve, which happens about 1K lower than yours, but as you said, probably due to the true duel vs. 2-1-2 pipe design. Thanks again. Looks like when I get a couple extra bucks, a new set of SE 255 cams are in my future.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto Cam Testing results Video Dyno Charts