Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brightasslights - WOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Brightasslights - WOW

These are as bright as advertised. I don't think I can run the running light at 10% over. It's too bright. I am running the brake light at one of the high level settings. It begins with a two second burst that will startle anyone behind me followed by a solid light that is still way brighter than stock. Great way to increase your visibility without changing the appearance of your bike. Get the security screws too. Cheap insurance for a $200 light.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:24 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jberg
These are as bright as advertised. I don't think I can run the running light at 10% over. It's too bright. I am running the brake light at one of the high level settings. It begins with a two second burst that will startle anyone behind me followed by a solid light that is still way brighter than stock. Great way to increase your visibility without changing the appearance of your bike. Get the security screws too. Cheap insurance for a $200 light.
Good news, but I think we are missing something in the post. Pictures, what kind of lights etc.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:27 PM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea: what Harleyflyboy said, I was all puckered up and,.... DUH

Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 PM
pirateheadman
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

They are named what he called them. Brightasslights. http://www.brightasslights.com/

Old 11-18-2009, 05:33 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought one for the fat bob about a month ago. I love mine. When the new paintset comes in for the Ultra I'll have one on it as well.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:34 PM
BEAST
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give us more info PaLeeze!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:37 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks Pirate. They can be seen at brightasslights.com with better pix than I can produce. Lots of other pictures on this forum too. Anyway, I just installed it last night and I'm blinded temporarily from looking at the light so I couldn't work my camera. Maybe in a day or two.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:07 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I blogged about it on my web site...

The problem is that the thing is impossible to shoot. It's freakishly bright (I think I'm on the 'mid' level - 3% over?) but the camera doesn't see it that way - Even set for manual. Always have issues shooting red anyway...

Needless to say, the thing is fan-freaking-tastic and worth every penny and then some.

I do want to get the security screws though... I'm sure it's around somewhere, but if anyone wants to drop a source...? Or does BAL have them now...?

Anyway - You won't regret it. Especially the first time you have a tailgater and you tap the lever a few times and watch the nose of the car behind you dip down sharply in an instant...

Old 11-19-2009, 02:31 AM
jetspeed8
Tourer
Veteran: Army
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I installed my BAL-1 the other day and you are right. IT IS BRIGHT !!!
Just got done converting my Ultra Classic to all LED turn signals, brake light, fairing accent lights and fairing windshield LED trim. Everything (lights) works great and all blink normally.

Now the alarm goes off when I try to start the bike. Didn't think I'd have too, but maybe I need to put a equalizer in?
Anyone run into this problem??

Old 11-19-2009, 02:55 AM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by jetspeed8
Now the alarm goes off when I try to start the bike. Didn't think I'd have too, but maybe I need to put a equalizer in?
Anyone run into this problem??
Installed with no problems and also running the run/tailight module from HD, I have an HD alarm installed also. Looks good and provides good visibilty.

Quick Reply: Brightasslights - WOW