Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brightasslights - WOW

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:45 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Owner,
I assume you're talking about one light visually overwhelming the others. First, there's plenty of distance between them. Second, it's bright, not nuclear.
I even have the r/t/b converter with red lenses. I set the BAL running light on 3% over and it's a match to the others.
The brake light, however, is at the brighter setting. The combination is perfect. Worth every penny.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:47 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the best place to order these from?

Old 11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by fripple
Whats the best place to order these from?
I bought my smoked layback BAL from my HD dealer during one of their sales at 20% off. MSRP for the basic BAL is $200. The Smoked layback is $250. I paid $200 for the smoked layback to go with my smoked turn signals. Worth every penny and more.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

What flash patterns are available? I had a kuryakyn on my last bike and it wasn't bright at all. This looks like a pretty solid product!

Old 11-19-2009, 02:31 PM
jberg
Road Warrior

If you go to "brightasslights.com" they have a dealer list. You may be able to get to one nearby and get a discount if they offer one. I ordered direct and paid shipping but no tax. Paid $200.
The flash patterns start off simple. Four pulses then solid. Rapid burst then solid. Continous pulse, etc. These are available in normal brightness and super brightness. Then there are about 15 wild patterns of flashes, pulses and bursts that could only be considered for temporary parade use. Cool thing is you can change them by passing a small magnet over the light.
Some of the light patterns were probably designed to communicate with extra-terrestrials.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

I agree there is no photo or video that can capture this properly. I have a question.....does it make the tail light look like you have the brake light stuck ON when the brakes are not applied?

Old 11-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,079 Likes on 639 Posts

Originally Posted by Gliden
I agree there is no photo or video that can capture this properly. I have a question.....does it make the tail light look like you have the brake light stuck ON when the brakes are not applied?
IMO the highest brightness setting (+10%) for the running light does appear like the brakes are on all the time, even thought when the brake is applied its even brighter. I don't think most people would interpret the 2nd highest setting as "brake on" but I suppose a small minority might. No one would interpret the normal setting for the run light as "Brake on".

Based on the settings in my instructions, I think I recall there were around 30 different flash modes. Most would not be suitable for normal driving but as jberg suggested I'm sure you could communicate with aliens using some of the modes. They are very easy to test out by just passing a magnet (comes with the light) over a designated spot. Very simple.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:24 PM
hyfly1
Cruiser

Here's a picture of me and a buddy in the rain last summer. I'm in the yellow jacket with the BAL-1. My pal has a stock tail light. I have been told that it looks like I'm riding the brake -- until my brake light comes on.

Attached Thumbnails Brightasslights - WOW-bal1.jpg  

Last edited by hyfly1; 11-19-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM
jberg
Road Warrior

If I chose to use the 10% over setting it would, but only because my Ultra has so many other lights. If there's only one light on your bike then then it's just bright vs brighter. The 3% over setting matches the appearance of all the other lights I'm running now. There is so much adjustability in this product that there's a setting for every situation. That includes running lights and brake lights adjustable separately.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:24 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by jberg
Some of the light patterns were probably designed to communicate with extra-terrestrials.
This is just what i have needed to get me home!!!!

Quick Reply: Brightasslights - WOW