Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another Seat thread... need advice though

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 on the Mustang Regal touring seat. I replaced the stock seat on my 09 EGC. I could tell right away it was going to be easier on my butt. My wife and I take pretty long trips sometime and the Mustang is much better. I also installed a rider backrest and hwy pegs that helps too.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Here's my "two cents".

Corbin:
I've had a Corbin and yes it did solve my "Monkey Butt" or "Tail Bone" issue which ever you call it, but, it is hard and there is no cushioning effect for people with bad backs. I had it over 5,000 miles on it and it was as hard then as it was the day it came out of the box. I thought I had a suspension issue, but it was just the seat. My back felt every bump in the road. The day I change to a less hard seat was heaven.

Mustang:
I like the seat for comfort, but didn't like the huge looks of the seat I had.

Mean City Cycles:
They made my stock Street Glide seat ride-able while keeping the sleek sporty look.
The “Double Decker foam for the driver” was $140 plus shipping both ways.
Give them your height, weight and inseam and they can set you up.

HD Road Glide Seat:
If you ever have a need for passenger comfort too, I bought a (used/like new) Road Glide seat. It is a nice comfortable stock seat.
You can pick up a like new take off for $165 or less.
It is actually narrower in the front than the Street Glide seat, making flat footing a breeze (legs aren’t spread out)……and it is still a sleek sporty looking seat.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:49 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the mean city seat option and am happy with the result. Half the price of a new seat and just as good or better. Plus since your in NC anyway, you may want to ride over to there shop and check them out. Then you can feel the material and then choose the one you want.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Rubbit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally swear by Mean City Cycles. I don't work for them but by stock Ultra seat and i bought a Street Glide seat and they reworked both of them. 2000 mile round trip to the Keys and no worries. Give it 500 miles and it breaks in perfectly. Im 5'8 and 165 lbs. and they knew what to do and even they work on it again to make it right, i never had to go back. Customer service is unmatched in my opinion. Plus its a lot less than a new seat that is still not customized to you. My 2 cents, keep the change.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:41 PM
beracing
Cruiser

Thanks all!! Mean City is just about an hour from here, and I've been emailing Allen over there. I'm planning to ride over there this Sat hopefully to catch them at the shop. First thought is to redo the stock seat, and if I could get lucky enough to find a used solo for cheap, take it to them to redo if I like their work.

Definitely like the guarantee that Russell seats has. Not the best looking seat, but probably should put vanity aside in terms of comfort for the long rides.

More comments are always welcome! Keep'em coming!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:03 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Mustang solo here as well on my 09 RKC. I prefer it over stock.

I am also 5'9"/31" inseam.

I love the seat....particularly the backrest. It sits me down a little bit over stock and I really like the narrower front.

Couple of observations which may already be obvious to many here:

My Mustang took about 1000 miles to really break in. After that, it was noticeably more comfortable. I'm guessing this is the case with most seats.
Ditto, exactly what the Monstead said!! (is that a ryhme?)

JUST DON'T BUY A SADDLEMAN, PURE CRAP!!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:42 PM
beracing
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Yachtman
Ditto, exactly what the Monstead said!! (is that a ryhme?)

JUST DON'T BUY A SADDLEMAN, PURE CRAP!!

Only thing I seemed to find different was when I put on the Mustang at J&P's store at Destination Daytona, it didn't seem to lower me in the bike. If it had, I would have probably bought right then. It actually seemed to set my up higher, which was confusing to me, since most say the opposite....

Oh well... Well see what MCC has to say this weekend!

Old 11-19-2009, 08:09 PM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I had two seats (Rocker and Ultra) done by Mean City Cycles, both turned out excellent. On the Ultra I had the Double Decker foam for both me and the ol lady.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I wanted a low good looking seat. I hate the big couch look. I was surprised at how comfortable my C&C seat is. I have many 500+ mile rides. Never a sore back and no butt burn. I feel like I could go a lot more at the end of the day.